Vols Hire New Baseball Coach - Tony Vitello

Great hire! Smart SEC guy who can recruit and knows how to win. Thank you Mr. Curry! Lets give him the tools and resources he needs.

Reactions: 1 person
[Twitter]https://twitter.com/kendallrogersd1/status/872473858930069505[/Twitter]

looks like a really good hire. Very Exciting time at Tennessee. IMHO looks like AD did his homework. Time will tell. GO VOLS!!!

I know not much about him, but hoping he's the right guy for the job and had much success taking us to the top of the sec in baseball!

I don't follow baseball much, but Serrano seemed to be a big name when we landed him, but he couldn't find the same level of success here. Was it recruiting?

As far as Serrano , My personal opinion was that He couldn't relate to kids in the Southern states. Not Sure why but Just NOT the right Fit. I Really believe this is a great HIRE...

Good job by the AD.

Exactly how a coaching search should be run

What's funny is Vitello is about the same age as Chris Burke, but has actually proved he wants a HC job by coming up through the ranks.

When he is successful, are we to worry that Mizzou will want him?

Great problem to have.

Our new baseball coach says he'll "work like crazy" to uphold the standard of previous great coaches at Tennessee in all sports. That ought to be as good as "work like heck." At least he's done his homework.

Reactions: 2 people
This is a very nice hire. Not my first choice but he is the same type of coach and recruiter that KY, MS state and Bama have. We needed some energy and life in this program and he can bring it!!

Thank you John Currie!!

No substitute for Work....I want a Baseball Team that FIGHTS.....I am talking about Grinding it out.
This Guy played and Coached in the SEC and Coaching at TCU isn't to bad either lol.....

EXCELLENT JOB BY CURRIE in IMO....

John Currie‏ @John_Currie 42m42 minutes ago
More
Thrilled and excited to welcome our new @Vol_Baseball head coach, Tony Vitello, to the Tennessee Family! 🍊⚾️

DBujrswXYAIuP0S.jpg

looks like Currie gave him a multipole choice test and he aced it! Need to work on the shape of orange........

Excited about the hire, best of luck Tony and GBO!

Pleasantly surprised by the hire myself, on paper and theory this is another good hire but time will tell. I do really think Currie did a great job by staying inside the conference with this one, at least he knows what he's getting into and he's been a part of some good ball players at Arkansas. Best of luck coach, I'll be supporting you.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back