Pick'm Playoff, BruinVol vs. Gilbert

OldTimer

919 miles
Staff member
Its only fitting to have the 1st Pick'em contest go into Overtime.......the numbers don't lie, Bruin and Gilbert know the Vols better than the rest of us. Lets see how well they know the rest of the SEC!

Here's how the tie breaker is going to work, Bruin and Gilbert need to predict the Final 4 of the SEC Tournament. Each team they correctly pick to make it to the Final 4 will receive 3 points. They also need to predict the overall winner of the SEC Tournament. Correctly predicting the winner will earn them 6 points.

Here is a link to the Tourmanet Bracket, http://a.espncdn.com/SEC/baseball/2017/2017 SEC Baseball Tournament Bracket.pdf

Basically, you are picking the 4 teams who will be playing on Saturday as well as your eventual winner.......

Everyone feel free to predict, however only Bruin and Gilbert will receive points...........all picks must be in by 1st pitch Tuesday, 10:30 AM EST.

Good luck........

Edit:
Bruin and Gilbert cannot have the same predictions, the 1st one who post their predictions takes priority, the other will need to adjust their picks.......If all Final 4 picks are the same, the last one to post must have a different Champion. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Florida
Arkansas
Lsu
Vandy( kyle wright better pitch against Kentucky)

Champ - florida

Florida
Arkansas
Lsu

Champ - florida

Just to clarify the Rules, Gilbert can have 3 of the 4 semifinalist and Florida as the Champion or all 4 semi-finalist and different champion. May want to go in a different direction however......:)

Reactions: 1 person
Florida
Arkansas
Lsu

Champ - florida

Kentucky
LSU
Florida
Mississippi St

LSU

Solid picks by both.......Good Luck!

I'll post a new thread after this weekend declaring the winner and instructions on how to claim the prize..... If it is deadlocked before the championship game and no one can win, I'll ask you guys to predict some sort of "total runs" or "run differential" scenario to break the tie.....check back if needed.

Last edited:
Solid picks by both.......Good Luck!

I'll post a new thread after this weekend declaring the winner and instructions on how to claim the prize..... If it is deadlocked before the championship game and no one can win, I'll ask you guys to predict some sort of "total runs" or "run differential" scenario to break the tie.....check back if needed.

This has been fun. Remember if I Win 66 gets the winnings.

Florida
Arkansas
Lsu

Champ - florida

Kentucky
LSU
Florida
Mississippi St

LSU

Bruin currently leads 9-6 with 6 more points available, might be over today or Gilbert could make another last inning comeback.........good luck to both!

On another note, I'm working on an updated version of 2018 Pick'em which will start at the beginning of the season next year. Once I get everything "optimized" I'll be asking for some input and feedback. I may use your suggestions or not......I'll put it in another thread and maybe get Freak to make it a Sticky for a few months.

Well 66 I tried to win it for you. Unless we have another quadruple double up trifecta for the regionals i couldn't pull it off.

Well 66 I tried to win it for you. Unless we have another quadruple double up trifecta for the regionals i couldn't pull it off.

Well, to be honest, I'm glad you finally lost your lead. From the looks of it, Old Timer really would have taken the contest into the fall scrimmages to beat you!!:mf_surrender:

Well, to be honest, I'm glad you finally lost your lead. From the looks of it, Old Timer really would have taken the contest into the fall scrimmages to beat you!!:mf_surrender:

Lol. My heart hurts with the lack of love around here I get.

VN Store

Back