Vols SEC final Weekend Pick'em thread, Week 10 vs. Missouri

OldTimer

919 miles
Staff member
Vols SEC final Weekend Pick'em thread, Week 10 vs. Missouri

We are picking 2 outcomes this Weekend, 2 game scenario and 3 game scenario

Weather looking iffy with a chance of rain on Thursday and scattered showers on Friday and Saturday. I could see us only playing 2 if its more advantageous for the Vols....:)

Predict the outcome of this weeks series against the Tigers, 1ST PITCH IS AT 6:00 Thursday. All picks must in by 5:59 Thursday! No Exceptions.

Simply reply:
Sweep, 1-1, Swept (for 2 game scenario)
and
Sweep, 2-1, 1-2, Swept (for 3 game scenario)

REPEAT: PREDICT THE OUTCOME OF A 2 GAME AND 3 GAME SCENARIO

Double Up to Catch Up is in play if you want, just add "Double Up" after your prediction for a total of 10 points if you are correct. However if you Double Up and are incorrect, you receive -5 points.

Also, if we make it to Hoover, I will extend the Pick'em contest until the season is over. At Hoover, it will be a simple WIN or LOSE prediction, each game will be handicapped. 5 Points for correctly predicting each game, 10 if you double up and -5 if you double and are incorrect.

Predict with your gut and not your heart........OT

GOOD LUCK!

Fat_lady_warming_up.jpg

Rules are simple and may change without notice:

1. Simply pick how the Vols will fair each weekend in SEC play or mid-week games
2. Reply with Sweep, 2-1, 1-2 or Swept for SEC weekend series or WIN or LOSE for mid-week games
3. At the end of the SEC season a winner will be selected by their correct predictions and awarded a special prize on behalf of OldTimer and not to exceed $10,000 in value
4. All predictions must be submitted by the 1st pitch of the 1st Game, typically Friday however we do have a few Thursday games, so pay attention to the schedule. Mid-week games are typically played on Tuesday however we do play a few Wednesday games
5. You do not have to play every weekend, total points won will win
6. 5 Points are awarded if you are correct in the outcome of games won and or lost for Weekend Series and 2 points for Mid-week games. Point system may be changed at my discretion at any time.
7. Rainouts are the wildcard for SEC series, for instance if you reply Sweep and UT wins Game 1, and the next 2 are rained out, its a sweep....if you predict 2-1 or 1-2 and only 1 or 2 games are played, you get nothing. Pay attention to the weather!! It may be a deciding factor...
8. More rules may be added at my discretion
9. No wagering
10. Disputes will be handled by a 3 person panel: Me, Myself and I.

Rule change #1, if you pick the Vols to win the Weekend series 2-1, and the Vols get HOT and take the series with a 3- game sweep, you get 2 points. If you predicted the sweep you still get 5. Hey, we all love the sweep!

Also, if there is an EDIT after the game starts on your post, your prediction doesn't count....

IMPORTANT CHANGES TO PICK’EM – READ THEM!
From here on out I will be offering “Double Up to Catch UP”. It’s quite simple, you can elect to play STANDARD, 2 points for Weekday Games and 5 Points for Weekend Series or elect to DOUBLE UP, if you select DOUBLE UP, you will be awarded 4 points for correctly predicting the Weekday Games and 10 points for correctly predicting the Weekend Series. However, if you DOUBLE UP and are INCORRECT in your prediction, you will receive -2 points for Weekday Games and -5 for Weekend Series. REPEAT, IF YOU DOUBLE UP AND ARE INCORRECT, YOU RECEIVE NEGATIVE POINTS!

If you do not specify DOUBLE UP in your post, I will assume you want STANDARD PLAY.

Last edited:
BackwardsK,

It's just between us unless you make me double up with your pick....

Don't you do it!

BackwardsK,

It's just between us unless you make me double up with your pick....

Don't you do it!

Just make sure your picks are 5:59 or before. At 6:00 they do not count

I think K will be laying low until 5:59 Thursday. Should be fun!

Last edited:
SCvol and Gilbert can double up and tie you Bruin........it's a 4 man race unless you double and are incorrect, then a few more have a chance.....

The only series I picked us to lose all year was UF. I said 1-2, and we went 2-1.

Swept.

what else...SWEEP, and oh, yeah...DOUBLE UP...:)

GO BIG ORANGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, please pick the Vols to get swept this weekend!:rock:

Oldtimer, can I PM you my picks for this weekend?

Not a bad idea for future consideration but this year you need to post by 5:59 Thursday,. Any post at 6:00 or after will not be considered

So what is K going to do?????? Is he going to Double Up and risk losing points? Can he outwit Bruin straight up and predict the correct outcome if Bruin doesn't? Will K or Bruin wait until the last minute to see each others pick and try and beat the clock to 5:59? Will someone edit at 6:00 and forfeit their prediction......stay tuned Pick'em fans.

If I were K, I would throw the gauntlet down now, make a prediction and Double up and make everyone react accordingly.

and will it even matter? The Vols could pull off a small miracle and make it to Hoover where we still get to play.......

Last edited:
OT

IS there a time listed when you edit a post?

I don't see one

yes, Freak can double verify however I can see a an EDIT time stamp displayed at the the bottom of the original post and I'm no body special........well, except to my wife.

EDIT: on a phone and possibly tablet you may not see it, on my Mac I do...........

VN Store

Back