Some Numbers

vol66

GBO!!!
Staff member
From 2012-Present...

CDS versus non-conferece opponents: 91-40

CDS versus conference opponents: 55-117

CDS versus RPI Top 50: 45-97

This season we are 19-4 versus the non-conference teams, 7-18 versus conference teams, 6-16 versus RPI Top 50 which is the least amount of wins versus Top 50 RPI opponents since 2012 (5-18), his first year.

As a Team in conference only games (as of May 12) we are batting .229, 13th in the league ahead of only Mizzou (.215).

We are last in Slugging Percentage, .303

We are last in On Base Percentage, .313

We are last in Runs Scored (79) and I realize we have played a few less games, but before this weekend we were almost 100 runs behind conference leader UK (177), I think now we have 89 and they have 207, unofficially.

We are 13th in Hits

We are last in RBI

We are last in Doubles

We are last in HR

We are 12th in Team ERA

We are 13th in Opposing BA (.281)

We are last in Batters struck out, While being 1st in Batters Struck Out Looking.

We are 12th in Saves

We are 12th in Hits Allowed

We are 10th in Runs Allowed, probably going to be worse after this weekend...

10th in Earned Runs Allowed...

We are 10th in Fielding Percentage

We have the 5th most Errors

We are tied for 11th Fielding Double Plays

We have four guys hitting above .250 in SEC Play, JRog (.312), Luc (.289), Andre (.284), Derkay (.256)...One upperclassman and three freshmen.

None of our starting pitchers or Lingo is top 20 in ERA. Again as of May 12th.

GBO!!!

Reactions: 2 people
Pretty much sums it all up........

66, next year you are in charge of compiling the Pick'em points.....you love some numbers!

How many SEC series have the Vols won in Serrano's tenure?

Alabama (Sweep)

Mizzou
Kentucky

Mizzou
Vandy
Kentucky

Ole Miss
South Carolina
Miss State (sweep)

Vandy
Georgia

Florida

Also a handful of 1-1 situations on a weekend because of cancelled games.

How many SEC series have the Vols won in Serrano's tenure?

I believe 12...

1 this year UF (With Mizzou to go), 2 in 2016 (VU, UGA), 3 in 2015 (Ole Miss, USC, and MSU), 3 in 2014 (Mizzou, VU, and UK), 2 in 2013 (Mizzou and UK), 1 in 2012 (Bama)...

12 series wins out of 59 series in 6 years?

Pretty much, give or take some cancellations...you were right the first time, there is no positive way to spin it unless one is going to throw out the previous five years and just give him a do over under the auspices of "Now he's figured it out, just wait until these Freshmen are Juniors."

We have upperclassmen on this team but other than Martin and Rodgers, who is being productive at an SEC level?

The statistics say not only have we not recruited well, but we haven't developed well either.

I'm not mad or angry, it is what it is in my opinion.

Reactions: 4 people
Coach Serrano has a winning % of .320 in SEC games. In the history of the league the only coach who has a lower winning % and coached at least 100 league games was Tad Smith of Ole Miss who was at .308. Coach Smith coached Ole Miss baseball in the 1930's and 40's. Once he became AD he finally fired himself.

Coach Serrano is a fine baseball man who should be leading a college program. My concern is that the losing mindset is so prevalent in this program that it will be very difficult to overcome it with him at the helm.

Currie should form a committee of baseball people such as Helton and look at the minor league managers as well as college coaches to find the right person for the job if Serrano is fired.

I may have miscounted, but in looking it up, I believe they have been swept a total of 17 times since 2012.

We have been swept at least three times a year every year except 2014 when Stewart and AJ Simcox were juniors, which was supposed to be THE year.

It wasn't.

GBO!!!

Embarrassing numbers that show zero progress despite what some of the sunshine pumpers want you to believe. We are no closer in year 6 to fielding a NCAAT quality team than we were in year 2 or 3. It's time to go for Dave and the boys.

Reactions: 3 people
Well, those are some pretty amazing numbers. Thanks for sharing them with us. It looks like the writing is on the wall that this party is about to end. Hopefully Currie will get someone in here that can build the program up and give the players and fans something we all deserve.

Holy jesus, that's what you call embarrassing

Those numbers are much more pitiful than I expected. I just don't see any way CDS should keep his job. No year-to-year improvement whatsoever.

The most frustrating thing about CDS is that his baseball resume is impeccable (prior to his UT tenure, that is), but he's looked completely lost coaching in the SEC.

Those numbers are much more pitiful than I expected. I just don't see any way CDS should keep his job. No year-to-year improvement whatsoever.

The most frustrating thing about CDS is that his baseball resume is impeccable (prior to his UT tenure, that is), but he's looked completely lost coaching in the SEC.

The only stat the matters is wins and losses and with that you will see a nice step forward this season if we can have a winning week.

VN Store

Back