Vols Mid-week Pick'em - Morehead State

OldTimer

919 miles
Staff member
Vols Mid-week Pick'em - Morehead State

The 32 and 19 Eagles come rolling into Knoxville this Tuesday and play the Vols, game time 6:00.

Do the Vols have anything left in the tank? I think so.....

Vols -4.5, thats right, giving up 4.5 runs........and please specify if you want to Double Up

All picks must be in by 1st pitch Tuesday.

Correctly picking the game gives you 2 points, 4 if you Double Up.....however -2 if you Double and are incorrect.

Morehead State Eagle
http://www.msueagles.com/schedule.aspx?path=baseball

Updated Points Standings
http://www.volnation.com/forum/tennessee-vols-baseball/274260-updated-pickem-5-14-17-a.html

Once again, as long as the Vols are playing we will have a Pick'em. If we get to Hoover, games will be handicapped and be worth 5 points per game, 10 if you double.........

yogi-berra-quotes-forex-trade-fxnewscall.png

Rules are simple and may change without notice:

1. Simply pick how the Vols will fair each weekend in SEC play or mid-week games
2. Reply with Sweep, 2-1, 1-2 or Swept for SEC weekend series or WIN or LOSE for mid-week games
3. At the end of the SEC season a winner will be selected by their correct predictions and awarded a special prize on behalf of OldTimer and not to exceed $10,000 in value
4. All predictions must be submitted by the 1st pitch of the 1st Game, typically Friday however we do have a few Thursday games, so pay attention to the schedule. Mid-week games are typically played on Tuesday however we do play a few Wednesday games
5. You do not have to play every weekend, total points won will win
6. 5 Points are awarded if you are correct in the outcome of games won and or lost for Weekend Series and 2 points for Mid-week games. Point system may be changed at my discretion at any time.
7. Rainouts are the wildcard for SEC series, for instance if you reply Sweep and UT wins Game 1, and the next 2 are rained out, its a sweep....if you predict 2-1 or 1-2 and only 1 or 2 games are played, you get nothing. Pay attention to the weather!! It may be a deciding factor...
8. More rules may be added at my discretion
9. No wagering
10. Disputes will be handled by a 3 person panel: Me, Myself and I.

Rule change #1, if you pick the Vols to win the Weekend series 2-1, and the Vols get HOT and take the series with a 3- game sweep, you get 2 points. If you predicted the sweep you still get 5. Hey, we all love the sweep!

Also, if there is an EDIT after the game starts on your post, your prediction doesn't count....

IMPORTANT CHANGES TO PICK’EM – READ THEM!
From here on out I will be offering “Double Up to Catch UP”. It’s quite simple, you can elect to play STANDARD, 2 points for Weekday Games and 5 Points for Weekend Series or elect to DOUBLE UP, if you select DOUBLE UP, you will be awarded 4 points for correctly predicting the Weekday Games and 10 points for correctly predicting the Weekend Series. However, if you DOUBLE UP and are INCORRECT in your prediction, you will receive -2 points for Weekday Games and -5 for Weekend Series. REPEAT, IF YOU DOUBLE UP AND ARE INCORRECT, YOU RECEIVE NEGATIVE POINTS!

If you do not specify DOUBLE UP in your post, I will assume you want STANDARD PLAY.

All other Rules apply as published, subject to change…..

Just a reminder as things are heating up, all picks must be in by the 1st pitch of the 1st game. If needed I will use the Official Start time and the time Stamp of the forum post or edit. Your forum time stamp must be 1 minute before the Official Start time of the game.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
I was thinking about Jeopardy, the final game you could risk all your points if you're in the positive.........maybe next year. Bruin would have a COW if I changed the scoring Rules at the last minute.....:)

I was thinking about Jeopardy, the final game you could risk all your points if you're in the positive.........maybe next year. Bruin would have a COW if I changed the scoring Rules at the last minute.....:)

:eek:lol:...now that is worthy...:eek:lol:...too funny, and,

GO BIG ORANGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

VOLS...DOUBLE ME...:thud:...and thanks OT...:thumbsup::salute:...is there any miracles left...:)

GO BIG ORANGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tough call. Morehead gives up a lot of runs even when they win, but they also score a lot.

But that's a big spread.

I'll take the points and double.

Just a reminder as things are heating up, all picks must be in by the 1st pitch of the 1st game. If needed I will use the Official Start time and the time Stamp of the forum post or edit. Your forum time stamp must be 1 minute before the Official Start time of the game.

just added to the official rules........

Last edited:

VN Store

Back