Vols SEC weekly Pick'em thread, Week 9 vs. #9 Kentucky

OldTimer

919 miles
Staff member
Vols SEC weekly Pick'em thread, Week 9 vs. #9 Kentucky

IMPORTANT UPDATE
If we make it to Hoover, I will extend the Pick'em contest until the season is over. At Hoover, it will be a simple WIN or LOSE prediction, each game will be handicapped. 5 Points for correctly predicting each game, 10 if you double up and -5 if you double and are incorrect.

Also, weather looks good except for passing showers on Friday, if the weather gets bad, check back Friday afternoon for instructions.

Will the #9 Wildcats lay another egg like they did against Georgia last weekend or will they come out pissed like wet hornets......we will soon find out!

Predict the outcome of this weeks series against the Cats, simply reply Sweep, 2-1, 1-2 or Swept. 1ST PITCH IS AT 6:30 FRIDAY.

Double Up to Catch Up is in play if you want, just add "Double Up" after your prediction for a total of 10 points if you are correct. However if you Double Up and are incorrect, you receive -5 points.

Predict with your gut and not your heart........OT

GOOD LUCK!

Rules are listed below the current standings.

Current Point Standings:
http://www.volnation.com/forum/tennessee-vols-baseball/274198-updated-pickem-5-10-17-a.html

Rules are simple and may change without notice:

1. Simply pick how the Vols will fair each weekend in SEC play or mid-week games
2. Reply with Sweep, 2-1, 1-2 or Swept for SEC weekend series or WIN or LOSE for mid-week games
3. At the end of the SEC season a winner will be selected by their correct predictions and awarded a special prize on behalf of OldTimer and not to exceed $10,000 in value
4. All predictions must be submitted by the 1st pitch of the 1st Game, typically Friday however we do have a few Thursday games, so pay attention to the schedule. Mid-week games are typically played on Tuesday however we do play a few Wednesday games
5. You do not have to play every weekend, total points won will win
6. 5 Points are awarded if you are correct in the outcome of games won and or lost for Weekend Series and 2 points for Mid-week games. Point system may be changed at my discretion at any time.
7. Rainouts are the wildcard for SEC series, for instance if you reply Sweep and UT wins Game 1, and the next 2 are rained out, its a sweep....if you predict 2-1 or 1-2 and only 1 or 2 games are played, you get nothing. Pay attention to the weather!! It may be a deciding factor...
8. More rules may be added at my discretion
9. No wagering
10. Disputes will be handled by a 3 person panel: Me, Myself and I.

Rule change #1, if you pick the Vols to win the Weekend series 2-1, and the Vols get HOT and take the series with a 3- game sweep, you get 2 points. If you predicted the sweep you still get 5. Hey, we all love the sweep!

Also, if there is an EDIT after the game starts on your post, your prediction doesn't count....

IMPORTANT CHANGES TO PICK’EM – READ THEM!
From here on out I will be offering “Double Up to Catch UP”. It’s quite simple, you can elect to play STANDARD, 2 points for Weekday Games and 5 Points for Weekend Series or elect to DOUBLE UP, if you select DOUBLE UP, you will be awarded 4 points for correctly predicting the Weekday Games and 10 points for correctly predicting the Weekend Series. However, if you DOUBLE UP and are INCORRECT in your prediction, you will receive -2 points for Weekday Games and -5 for Weekend Series. REPEAT, IF YOU DOUBLE UP AND ARE INCORRECT, YOU RECEIVE NEGATIVE POINTS!

If you do not specify DOUBLE UP in your post, I will assume you want STANDARD PLAY.

Last edited:
2-1, double

against my better judgement.......

Last edited:
OT, I think if you're in the negative at the end of season, you should have to contribute to the prizes.

Reactions: 1 person
2-1, double double just like my In-N-Out burgers. We may need to score 67 runs to win the series.

well, what to do...:question:...guess I'm going 2-1 Vols, and yes double me up...with all this hay there's got to be a pony in there somewhere...:)

GO BIG ORANGE!

Reactions: 1 person
well, what to do...:question:...guess I'm going 2-1 Vols, and yes double me up...with all this hay there's got to be a pony in there somewhere...:)

GO BIG ORANGE!

The People's Republic of China highly endorses this pick!!:)

......and I hope you're right!!

Our front runners are playing it safe with 1-2 non-doubled picks.

They're either leaving the door open for the rest of us, or they're giving us enough rope to hang ourselves.

Time's running out. I can't stand pat in the middle of the pack:

1-2 Double.

VN Store

Back