Reed Hayes article describing Vandy vs UT decision

Wonder why the Knoxville News Sentinel felt the need to run an article about why a player didn't choose Tennessee?

lol. Different recruiting coaches made that decision.

Same guy hired them. Serrano has been an unmitigated disaster at UT but people want to hold out hope that he was great before he got here when he inherited two great situations.

Same guy hired them. Serrano has been an unmitigated disaster at UT but people want to hold out hope that he was great before he got here when he inherited two great situations.

Imo seranno should have been fired for his first hires of coaches. Once he got a mulligan he got it right.

The article was from the Tennessean

The News Sentinel ran it in today's sports section. I understand the Tennessean or the papers in the Tri-Cities area running it. But, why would the KNS run this article?

The News Sentinel ran it in today's sports section. I understand the Tennessean or the papers in the Tri-Cities area running it. But, why would the KNS run this article?

The Memphis Commercial Appeal, Tennessean, and News-Sentinel are all under the Gannett corporate umbrella now. They share a lot of sports stories due to cutbacks in local staffing. Gannett, of course, owns USA Today and they have all pretty much become "local" editions of USA Today. Not really much local to them. It's mostly regional or national stories.

Probably at John Adams behest.

It's things like this, the KNS site, GoVols Xtra tweeting about Josh Smith's arrest over 20 times in one day, and most of John Adams' articles that make me wonder what kind of business model suggests that you continually stick your thumb in the eye of your customers.

It's things like this, the KNS site, GoVols Xtra tweeting about Josh Smith's arrest over 20 times in one day, and most of John Adams' articles that make me wonder what kind of business model suggests that you continually stick your thumb in the eye of your customers.

Its about getting clicks on the Interwebz. The media isn't a non-profit entity. Fans or not fans, doesn't matter who is doing the clicking.

VN Store

Back