SEC Record Needed over last 2 weeks?

better win 3........Georgia has Miss State and South Carolina. SC without Schmidt is a toss up, they could easily win 2.

Once again, it will probably come down to the final game vs. Missouri.

Kentucky plays in a piece of crap (about to get a new stadium) band box where the HR balls fly out of there. I expect that our pitching will struggle some this weekend. I hope the bats can keep up. A sweep all but seals Dave's fate but it also will put us in major jeopardy of not making Hoover.

with Coach Serrano's luck...Georgia will play their best of the season...heck, did you see Bama vs. Barn...just hope we can come around somehow...at least, to make the SECT...be a miracle if we make it...but...we're still in it for now...and...

GO BIG ORANGE...:fireworks:...:pepper::)

Reactions: 1 person
Kentucky plays in a piece of crap (about to get a new stadium) band box where the HR balls fly out of there. I expect that our pitching will struggle some this weekend. I hope the bats can keep up. A sweep all but seals Dave's fate but it also will put us in major jeopardy of not making Hoover.

His fate should already be sealed IMHO...

Reactions: 2 people
It really sucks I have a skybox at the met in Hoover and Tenn never makes it or like last year 1 and done. End up giving box seats away all week versus getting to watch only chance they are or could be here

3/3 thru 3/5 Tennessee swept a 3 game series with Norfolk State
3/10 thru 3/11 Tennessee swept a 3 game series with Cincinatti

Dang! Nevermind. You got me, I was too wordy in my question.:mf_surrender:

3-3 gets us to Hoover. Likely a matchup with Texas A&M/LSU/Auburn on night 1.

I hope 2-4 will get us there. But, the one thing I hold onto is the series 2-3 years ago where the Vols had to sweep Miss State and 2 other teams had to lose at least 2 over the weekend for the Vols to get to Hoover and it happened.

Yes, there is a chance!!

Reactions: 1 person
It really sucks I have a skybox at the met in Hoover and Tenn never makes it or like last year 1 and done. End up giving box seats away all week versus getting to watch only chance they are or could be here

Feel your pain. We have great seats behind 3rd base dugout & hospitality suite tickets. Still going to Hoover for great baseball & camaraderie with other SEC fans (except the vandie twits). :hi:

It's crazy to think our RPI is ahead of them.

We are the beneficiaries of politicking by northern schools to overweight road wins in calculating the RPI.

Our 9-9 road record with four road wins over ranked teams is our biggest plus factor.

Even if we go 1-2 this weekend our RPI will hold pretty steady.

We are the beneficiaries of politicking by northern schools to overweight road wins in calculating the RPI.

Our 9-9 road record with four road wins over ranked teams is our biggest plus factor.

Even if we go 1-2 this weekend our RPI will hold pretty steady.

A 6-1 or maybe 5-2 finish makes things interesting In Hoover.

Yes, it would.
And I'd have to retract my earlier skepticism of your estimate of how high our RPI can get.

I had forgetten about that. At 37 today sure makes me think I was right on that13-17 prediction. Of course now we will never know.

VN Store

Back