Vols Mid-week Pick'em 2 Games this week

OldTimer

919 miles
Staff member
Things are a little different this week with 2 mid-week games. SO PAY ATTENTION............we play Tuesday 5/9 and Wednesday 5/10.

We are picking the outcome of both midweek games for a total of 4 points if correct, 0 if you are wrong. 8 points if you "double up" and are correct however if you Double Up and incorrect, you will receive -4.

Vols are -1.5 in both Tuesday and Wednesday's games. Repeat, Vols are -1.5 in each game played

Simply respond with:

Sweep
1-1 or
Swept

and please specify if you want to Double Up........

Rule #7 is in play this week. If we play one and win, the 2nd game is rained out, its a Sweep. Same if we lose game 1 and game 2 is cancelled, its a Swept. If you pick 1-1 and only 1 game is played, nothing for you........

Tuesday we play Belmont in Knoxville, 1st pitch is at 6:00. Wednesday we travel to Richmond Ky and play Eastern Kentucky.

All picks must be in by 1st pitch Tuesday.

Belmont Bruins - http://www.belmontbruins.com/sports/m-basebl/2016-17/schedule

Eastern Kentucky Colonels - http://www.ekusports.com/schedule.aspx?path=baseball&

Updated Points Standings
http://www.volnation.com/forum/tennessee-vols-baseball/274136-updated-pickem-5-7-17-a.html

Rules are simple and may change without notice:

1. Simply pick how the Vols will fair each weekend in SEC play or mid-week games
2. Reply with Sweep, 2-1, 1-2 or Swept for SEC weekend series or WIN or LOSE for mid-week games
3. At the end of the SEC season a winner will be selected by their correct predictions and awarded a special prize on behalf of OldTimer and not to exceed $10,000 in value
4. All predictions must be submitted by the 1st pitch of the 1st Game, typically Friday however we do have a few Thursday games, so pay attention to the schedule. Mid-week games are typically played on Tuesday however we do play a few Wednesday games
5. You do not have to play every weekend, total points won will win
6. 5 Points are awarded if you are correct in the outcome of games won and or lost for Weekend Series and 2 points for Mid-week games. Point system may be changed at my discretion at any time.
7. Rainouts are the wildcard for SEC series, for instance if you reply Sweep and UT wins Game 1, and the next 2 are rained out, its a sweep....if you predict 2-1 or 1-2 and only 1 or 2 games are played, you get nothing. Pay attention to the weather!! It may be a deciding factor...
8. More rules may be added at my discretion
9. No wagering
10. Disputes will be handled by a 3 person panel: Me, Myself and I.

Rule change #1, if you pick the Vols to win the Weekend series 2-1, and the Vols get HOT and take the series with a 3- game sweep, you get 2 points. If you predicted the sweep you still get 5. Hey, we all love the sweep!

Also, if there is an EDIT after the game starts on your post, your prediction doesn't count....

IMPORTANT CHANGES TO PICK’EM – READ THEM!
From here on out I will be offering “Double Up to Catch UP”. It’s quite simple, you can elect to play STANDARD, 2 points for Weekday Games and 5 Points for Weekend Series or elect to DOUBLE UP, if you select DOUBLE UP, you will be awarded 4 points for correctly predicting the Weekday Games and 10 points for correctly predicting the Weekend Series. However, if you DOUBLE UP and are INCORRECT in your prediction, you will receive -2 points for Weekday Games and -5 for Weekend Series. REPEAT, IF YOU DOUBLE UP AND ARE INCORRECT, YOU RECEIVE NEGATIVE POINTS!

If you do not specify DOUBLE UP in your post, I will assume you want STANDARD PLAY.

All other Rules apply as published, subject to change…..

Last edited:
I may be changing my pick........still flipping coins at the moment. The last time we traveled the day of a game and played it wasn't pretty. Its tough to travel a few hours and play, for anyone.

I thought about going 1-1, but EKU lost 5 of 6 to directional Illinois schools giving up a sh$t ton of runs. Two of which were to SIUE, which took me 5 minutes to figure out was different than the Southern Illinois Salukis who I have actually heard of.

VN Store

Back