Vols SEC weekly Pick'em thread, Week 3 Georgia

OldTimer

919 miles
Staff member
Well, after 2 weeks of Pick'em play we once again have a 33-way for 1st place. Needless to say we have a wide open race for victory and the its anybody's contest to win.....

Predict the outcome of this weeks series against Georgia, simply reply Sweep, 2-1, 1-2 or Swept. 1ST PITCH IS AT 6:00

Good Luck.....

See contest Rules below, a few point changes have been made for this week......

31VFL 0
appyvol 0
Backwards K 0
BruinVol 0
Burger 0
firestorm 0
Freak 0
fryeguy93 0
Gilbert 0
goodtobegoad 0
GManVFL 0
GuRu 0
Hoosier Vol 0
jasonvol18 0
matts42012 0
mr.checkerboards 0
Neyland123 0
NorCal67 0
Oldtimer 0
RollerVol 0
Scvol7906 0
Smokeyman 0
StarRaider 0
StrangeVol 0
tcarroll90 0
terrypedigo 0
TheBigOne10 0
tonyboolgna 0
txbo 0
Vol66 0
VolGee4 0
Volsfaninva917 0
whobethis16 0

64881-Yogi-Berra-Quote-It-s-like-deja-vu-all-over-again.jpg

Rules are simple and may change without notice:

1. Simply pick how the Vols will fair each weekend in SEC play
2. Reply with Sweep, 2-1, 1-2 or Swept
3. At the end of the SEC season a winner will be selected by their correct predictions and awarded a special prize on behalf of OldTimer and not to exceed $10,000 in value
4. All selections for the weekend must be submitted by the 1st pitch of the 1st Game, typically Friday however we do have a few Thursday games, so pay attention to the schedule
5. You do not have to play every weekend, total points won will win
6. 5 Points are awarded if you are correct in the outcome of games won and or lost. Point system may be changed at my discretion at any time, I'm thinking about adding points if you get within a game correct. May be too much math involved for me....
7. Rainouts are the wildcard, for instance if you reply Sweep and UT wins Game 1, and the next 2 are rained out, its a sweep....if you say 2-1 and only 2 games are played, you get nothing. Pay attention to the weather!! It may be a deciding factor...
8. More rules may be added at my discretion
9. No wagering
10. Disputes will be handled by a 3 person panel: Me, Myself and I.

Rule change #1, if you pick the Vols to win the series 2-1, and the Vols get HOT and take the series with a sweep, you get 2 points. If you predicted the sweep you still get 5. Hey, we all love the sweep!

Also, if there is an EDIT after the game starts on your post, your prediction doesn't count....

RULE POINT CHANGE FOR THIS WEEK:
If you pick SWEEP or SWEPT this week you will be awarded 10 points if you are correct, however if they do not sweep or get swept you will receive -1.

Is there a protest committee for these scoring rules?

I would like to submit a formal protest that a 1-2 should get partial points if a 0-3 sweep happens the same way a 2-1 gets partial points if a 3-0 sweep happens.

Seems logical to me 😎

Is there a protest committee for these scoring rules?

I would like to submit a formal protest that a 1-2 should get partial points if a 0-3 sweep happens the same way a 2-1 gets partial points if a 3-0 sweep happens.

Seems logical to me 😎

as the season progresses and hopefully points awarded, the point system may change accordingly to tighten and enhance the drama of the final few series......taking a page out of NASCAR's book, making the rules up as needed.

my initial thought of awarding points if the Vols sweep and you picked them to win the series is justified in the thought of "you" picked them to do well and they did even better, so points should be awarded. If you picked them to stink and they stunk worse, no points.....

Formal Protest is noted..........

Here's a simpler system.

Participants specify the number of wins the Vols will earn in a weekend: 0, 1, 2, or 3.

If you guess right, you get 5 points.

If you miss by one, you get 2 points.

If you miss by more than one, you get 0 points.

Weather cancellations simply reduce the number of possible wins.

SWEEP...:fireworks:

well Coach Serrano, guess I'll go out swinging with you...and,

GO BIG ORANGE!...:baloon:

EDIT: Thanks OldTimer...you started this...you make the rules...all good to me...:salute:

I went 1-2 for both of the 1st 2 weeks and we were swept. Let's try a different guess for this week.

2-1

Looks like some points will be awarded this week. We've covered the possible outcomes and with several picking sweep and 1 swept, -1's are in play....

1-2

This would be a death knell for the BaseVols but at this point, I can't see them winning a series.

VN Store

Back