How do you follow baseball games?

RockyTopGolfer

To be the man, you have to beat the man
How do you keep up with the baseball team? Is there anywhere to get texts or notifications?

I follow @vol_baseball on Twitter and have the notifications turned on to get texts to my phone. My only issue with this method is that I get every tweet they send out sent as a text message to me.

I would prefer to find something that is either notification or text based that tells me things like when the game starts, when somebody scores, and definitely the final score.

Do you guys have better methods than what I am currently doing?

Keep the game tracker open on your phone and occasionally check it? I always listen to the games on utsports unless on the SEC network

Reactions: 1 person
How do you keep up with the baseball team? Is there anywhere to get texts or notifications?

I follow @vol_baseball on Twitter and have the notifications turned on to get texts to my phone. My only issue with this method is that I get every tweet they send out sent as a text message to me.

I would prefer to find something that is either notification or text based that tells me things like when the game starts, when somebody scores, and definitely the final score.

actually, you're here...:)

GO BIG ORANGE!

Keep the game tracker open on your phone and occasionally check it? I always listen to the games on utsports unless on the SEC network

So you always listen to them because I feel like none of our games are ever on TV.

http://www.volnation.com/forum/tenn...l-tennessee-game-thread-6pm.html#post13657086

there is s thread every game....you will get your money's worth......

Reactions: 2 people
Sounds like the tweet texts I get is about the best option. Just not a lot of baseball coverage.

Used to watch a lot of the games online......when it was free. Now listen occasionally or just check twitter to see how it's going.

I just recently become hooked on college baseball and even softball. Always been a huge HS & MLB baseball guy but for whatever reason didn't follow the college level very closely until the WS. Lately I'm hooked, watch as many baseball & softball games as I can on SEC,BTN and ESPN. Between VN threads and the Twitter accounts I can stay pretty updated on the seasons. Wish there was more games on tv for both sports!

Reactions: 1 person
I just recently become hooked on college baseball and even softball. Always been a huge HS & MLB baseball guy but for whatever reason didn't follow the college level very closely until the WS. Lately I'm hooked, watch as many baseball & softball games as I can on SEC,BTN and ESPN. Between VN threads and the Twitter accounts I can stay pretty updated on the seasons. Wish there was more games on tv for both sports!
I just wish I could find better notifications from some sports apps. The Vol baseball Twitter is awesome but can be a little much during a game.

Last edited:
I know alot of games are on ESPN3 and the Watch ESPN app but I've found those feeds to be awful at best most of the time.

UT Gameday app on my phone. I get a notification when a game starts (user selects which sports to follow). And during the game it gives me gamechanger like stats and play-by-play.

Direct TV subscribers who have the Genie DVR can now access all ESPN3/Watch ESPN content on their TV with the push of the button on their remote control. If you are on any of the ESPN networks including SEC network a notification will pop up on your screen to push the red button on your remote to access the app directly. Big time benefit when watching SEC baseball or softball.

UT Gameday app on my phone. I get a notification when a game starts (user selects which sports to follow). And during the game it gives me gamechanger like stats and play-by-play.

Thanks. This is what is an after. I have just downloaded it and checking it out.

VN Store

Back