Vols SEC weekly Pick'em thread, Week 2

OldTimer

919 miles
Staff member
Points Standing after week 1 of SEC play:

we have a 24 way tie for 1st or if you look at it from a negative standpoint we have a 24 way tie for last place.......

Name/Points

31VFL 0
appyvol 0
BruinVol 0
Burger 0
firestorm 0
Freak 0
fryeguy93 0
Gilbert 0
GuRu 0
jasonvol18 0
mr.checkerboards 0
Neyland123 0
NorCal67 0
Oldtimer 0
RollerVol 0
Scvol7906 0
StarRaider 0
StrangeVol 0
terrypedigo 0
txbo 0
Vol66 0
VolGee4 0
Volsfaninva917 0
whobethis16 0

The good news is the pick'em contest is wide open and plenty of opportunity for new guys to join in......

Next weeks game is at Mississippi State, 1st pitch is scheduled for 7:30 EST, which is the cutoff for predicting the series outcome.

Better luck next week folks!

Let the predicting begin......simply reply Sweep, 2-1, 1-2 or Swept

Rules are simple and may change without notice:

1. Simply pick how the Vols will fair each weekend in SEC play
2. Reply with Sweep, 2-1, 1-2 or Swept
3. At the end of the SEC season a winner will be selected by their (gender neutral) predictions and awarded a special prize on behalf of OldTimer and not to exceed $10,000 in value
4. All selections for the weekend must be submitted by the 1st pitch of the 1st Game, typically Friday however we do have a few Thursday games, so pay attention to the schedule
5. You do not have to play every weekend, total points won will win
6. 5 Points are awarded if you are correct in the outcome of games won and or lost. Point system may be changed at my discretion at any time, I'm thinking about adding points if you get within a game correct. May be too much math involved for me....
7. Rainouts are the wildcard, for instance if you reply Sweep and UT wins Game 1, and the next 2 are rained out, its a sweep....if you say 2-1 and only 2 games are played, you get nothing. Pay attention to the weather!! It may be a deciding factor...
8. More rules may be added at my discretion
9. No wagering
10. Disputes will be handled by a 3 person panel: Me, Myself and I.

Rule change #1, if you pick the Vols to win the series 2-1, and the Vols get HOT and take the series with a sweep, you get 2 points. If you predicted the sweep you still get 5. Hey, we all love the sweep!

If you pick the Vols to get Swept and they Sweep, -10 points.

Also, if there is an EDIT after the game starts on your post, your prediction doesn't count....

Reactions: 3 people
2-1

Rule change for this week only, if you predict a sweep against Mississippi Sate and we do indeed sweep, you will be awarded 15 POINTS.

Reactions: 1 person
1/2

I thought you got partial points if a sweep happened and your pick was just one game off?

you guys must not go to Vegas often, its a sucker bet. :p

I hope you guys are right, I'd love to issue you'll 15 points and get back to .500

Add me to the list OT. The price of a sweep ticket is worth the risk. :)

I would have bet $5000 against Gators getting swept by Auburn..... or more.

if you picked UT to go 2-1 and the VOLS sweep 3-0, you are awarded 2 points. Not the other away around.......

Not the other way around?

What is this make up the rules that only make us happy when the Vols win.......

you guys must not go to Vegas often, its a sucker bet. :p

I hope you guys are right, I'd love to issue you'll 15 points and get back to .500

Vegas is great for concerts, good restaurants and eye candy at the hotel pools. Gambling, not so much, Vegas always wins.

VN Store

Back