BASEBALL CENTRAL: #24 Vols Open SEC Play vs. #7 Gamecocks

VN News

For the second straight season, the No. 24-ranked Volunteers (12-2) begin Southeastern Conference play at home as they host the No. 7-ranked South Carolina Gamecocks (11-5) for three games from Friday, March 17 - Sunday, March 19 at Lindsey Nelson Stadium.

More...

Discuss.

Reactions: 1 person
I was crunching some numbers and found this interesting... if we win every midweek game but lose every weekend series(going 1-2 in each series) we would finish with 31 wins (two more than last year) and 10 SEC wins (one more than last year)

"Holbroken

There are just bad vibes around our baseball program. The sooner we can send him to the unemployment line & hire a real head baseball coach, the bad vibes will go down like a good turd flush."

Some of thier fans want a new coach! From thier forum...

https://southcarolina.forums.rivals.com/threads/schmidt-scratched-for-friday.224818/

Reactions: 2 people
How was your brunch last Saturday. You never made it back to thread, too many Bloody Marys?

After that I took them bowling at a new place here in town, if I could have watched the game I might have made more an effort, I'm just kind of over it.

The weather looks pretty decent. We have to win at least one. I would say that we have some chance at winning the series. That would be terrific, of course.

first SEC series win is just the beginning of us going to the SECT and NCAAT...I believe this team can...should be another wild ride, to say the least...:yahoo::yahoo:...:):):)

GBO!

Schmidt and Tyler Johnson are out this weekend. Johnson is their closer, throws 97.

Weather is starting to look bad for game time. Thunderstorms possible with 100% chance of rain early in the evening. Bummer. I'm so fired up for this game to get at least a taste of what the SEC season may hold.

I would not be shocked to see tomorrow become a DH.

I was thinking the same thing but having just looked at the projected radar images it looks like there will be a window from around 6:00 until 9:30 during which we MIGHT get the majority of the game played.

We can hope anyway. :crossfingers:

Weather is starting to look bad for game time. Thunderstorms possible with 100% chance of rain early in the evening. Bummer. I'm so fired up for this game to get at least a taste of what the SEC season may hold.

Same here. I'm really looking forward to WATCHING the boys.

For the second straight season, the No. 24-ranked Volunteers (12-2) begin Southeastern Conference play at home as they host the No. 7-ranked South Carolina Gamecocks (11-5) for three games from Friday, March 17 - Sunday, March 19 at Lindsey Nelson Stadium.

More...

Discuss.

Same weekend as my spring break starting plus the movie Beauty and the Beast.
This team can be pretty good including getting into the NCAA tournament plus going far in the sed tournament.

This is a measuring stick series against a great foe the SC Gamecocks.
I'm optimistic the bright orange vols make a statement by winning 2 out of 3 vs the Gamecocks.

VN Store

Back