Fellow baseball fans I have a recommend-

StrangeVol

ation for you if you aren't aware of it already.

Go to the site

2017 Men's College Baseball Rating Percentage Index (RPI) Live - WarrenNolan.com

and check it out.

Wonderful stats on the Vols and everybody we play this season. Interested in seeing stats on a particular team? From the Vols schedule click on their name (in blue) and bingo...detailed stats on them as well.

Poke around some and you'll find he Vols to be projected as the second best team in the SEC this year just behind Texas A&M. :dance2:

A really cool and informative site. Enjoy :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
I'm overly anxious and optimistic about this weekend's series

I am too. I've thought for a couple of weeks that we have a shot to win this series, BUT, we really haven't played enough top quality teams to have a realistic idea about how we'll do.

On the other hand, this is what makes being a fan so much fun! :rock:

Great site but the prediction of a 24-6 SEC record just seems a tad optimistic. Still very early in the season. The data here will make a lot more sense next month.

Great site but the prediction of a 24-6 SEC record just seems a tad optimistic. Still very early in the season. The data here will make a lot more sense next month.

24-6 would doubtless make UT a national seed and leave the new athletic director some planning to do.

*Temporary lights at LNS or move supers to Smokies Park?
*How big a raise to give Serrano and staff
*When to break ground on the next stadium expansion.

That being said. I want us to be a regional host and if we can sneak into the top-8, I'll take it.

This team can do better than being a regional invitee and having to travel to an enemy park for regional play.

Reactions: 1 person
I may regret saying this but I'd take 15-15 in a heartbeat with no bad out of conference losses......for this year!

Reactions: 1 person
I may regret saying this but I'd take 15-15 in a heartbeat with no bad out of conference losses......for this year!

No doubt. With only 2 OOC losses right now (maybe add 3 more losses), that would put us at 20 losses for the season. Approximately, 35-20. That puts us in the NCAAT.

I haven't wanted to get too optimistic before playing an SEC series, but I think 16-14 is very achievable. SC and Mississippi State haven't exactly looked like world beaters, so I think we have a shot at winning the first 3 series. Captain obvious statement, we will have a better idea Sunday afternoon.

Go Vols!

I will be happy with 14-16

It will be difficult for this group to get 14 wins. Look, Tennessee has upgraded the talent on the pitching staff but there is very little experience. While it is better for UT than it has been, it's still at a point where none of the pitchers on this staff would be a weekend starter for any other SEC school (this year).

The hitting will also struggle against SEC quality pitching, especially the bottom 1/2 of the order.

Need to pick off one win per weekend and then catch a team overlooking them and steal a 2nd win a couple of times.

It will be difficult for this group to get 14 wins. Look, Tennessee has upgraded the talent on the pitching staff but there is very little experience. While it is better for UT than it has been, it's still at a point where none of the pitchers on this staff would be a weekend starter for any other SEC school (this year).

The hitting will also struggle against SEC quality pitching, especially the bottom 1/2 of the order.

Need to pick off one win per weekend and then catch a team overlooking them and steal a 2nd win a couple of times.

Agree 14 is going to be hard especially getting blanked opening weekend at home. It's a huge disadvantage not playing Alabama as well.

Miss state (1)
Georgia (3)
Florida(0)
Auburn(2)
A&M (1)
Vandy(1)
Ark(2)
Kentucky(1)
Missouri(2)

I got 13 wins

Yes it does. Especially since we are already halfway to our total loss prediction after one series :)

Really hoping to make it to a game this year. I haven't been in years. Actually the last time I went to a game Pearl was there with some basketball players.

I am kind of surprised that no games of the series with Mississippi State are being televised by the SEC Network.

Agree 14 is going to be hard especially getting blanked opening weekend at home. It's a huge disadvantage not playing Alabama as well.

Miss state (1)
Georgia (3)
Florida(0)
Auburn(2)
A&M (1)
Vandy(1)
Ark(2)
Kentucky(1)
Missouri(2)

I got 13 wins

Doubt this team can sweep anyone with this pitching staff. Plus, it will be very difficult to get one game much less two from Missouri's pitching staff. Still think this will be a tall order to fill to just make it to Hoover with this team.

VN Store

Back