Tei Vanderford

Why did they cut him lose? Happy they broke into the top 25, even without him

Why did they cut him lose? Happy they broke into the top 25, even without him

I'm not sure, but it seems to have been a good split. He still has VFL in his twitter bio. His new coach did him dirty having him throw 127 pitches Saturday.

if I'm correct which is less often than not, I think he graduated and decided to transfer back to his home state where playing time presumably would have increased.

I'm not sure, but it seems to have been a good split. He still has VFL in his twitter bio. His new coach did him dirty having him throw 127 pitches Saturday.

He actually threw 137 pitches, not 127. A ridiculous number.

if I'm correct which is less often than not, I think he graduated and decided to transfer back to his home state where playing time presumably would have increased.

That's not the way I heard it but I'm sure there are several stories out there.

Glad he found a home and even more glad that UT is winning.

That's not the way I heard it but I'm sure there are several stories out there.

Glad he found a home and even more glad that UT is winning.

I was trying to be collegiately correct and not throw anyone under the bus....:)

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
He actually threw 137 pitches, not 127. A ridiculous number.

Apparently, Vanderford has discussed this w/some of the players and indicates he told the coach he would have to fight him on the mound to take the ball away from him.

Either way, it's the coach's responsibility to make the right decision. With that being said, pitch count is a relatively new stat. In past days, if a college pitcher was getting them out, he stayed in the game. High pitch counts were not uncommon back in the day.

Reactions: 1 person
He should throw as much as he wants, arm should be fresh...he never threw a meaningful pitch here that I can recall.

VN Store

Back