Helton: Lindsey Nelson Stadium needs work

Kinda vague. They list what has been done, but not what Helton thinks is needed. And until the new AD is hired, why even put it out there via the media? Sound like putting the cart before the horse to me.

Any media pressure for improvements, I am all for. Brice and Rucker were talking about how far behind we are in baseball the other day.

Reactions: 3 people
....back when I was in school, we sat on the grassy hill along the first base line where we had passed coolers of beer over the fence to enjoy. We listened to music blasting from the KA house and watched the scantily clad co-eds much more than the game.

AND WE LIKED IT!!!

Hopefully the next AD will be fully supportive of UT baseball and will work diligently to get this program on par with the upper echelon of the conference.

Reactions: 2 people
Kinda vague. They list what has been done, but not what Helton thinks is needed. And until the new AD is hired, why even put it out there via the media? Sound like putting the cart before the horse to me.

It's a situation where pretty much everyone can look at the stadium, compare it to the other SEC venues, and make an observation that it needs improvement without getting into details on how that's going to happen.

I think he was just using the media time to get that out, being that he's one of the biggest names associated with UT baseball and now he's actually with the program.

Reactions: 1 person
Yes! I went there on Saturday and things look like they are old (except for that cool playground for kids down the right field line) and falling apart in the outfield. The fence needs to be repainted badly.

let's see which comes first...winning or repairing...:)

GO VOLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes! I went there on Saturday and things look like they are old (except for that cool playground for kids down the right field line) and falling apart in the outfield. The fence needs to be repainted badly.

Did you watch the scrimmage? If so, did anyone stick out?

Stadium should have never been expanded. It's a horrible location with limited access. A new location should have been selected.

Stadium should have never been expanded. It's a horrible location with limited access. A new location should have been selected.

You have a VERY valid point.
It has always been very well hidden.
I'll have to admit that I have never been inside of any other SEC Baseball field for comparison.
Maybe we can take over another Parking lot.

location isn't as big of an issue to me as the parking, its a PITA unless you get there 2 hours before game time....

Hopefully the new deck is helpful, if you can even park there without a permit.

VN Store

Back