Tennessee Baseball Announces 2017 Schedule

VN News

The Tennessee Baseball program and Head Coach Dave Serrano officially announced the 2017 Vol Baseball season schedule this week, a 55-game slate featuring a tournament appearance at the Tony Gwynn Classic in San Diego, Calif., as well as a neutral site matchup at the Tennessee Smokies' ballpark against East Tennessee State in April.

More...

Discuss.

Reactions: 3 people
Alright, been waiting for the schedule to be released. That is a brutal SEC road schedule. Playing 5 of the top 6 teams from last year and 4 of those away.

Go Vols!

Agree that it is a tough schedule in conference. Hopefully some of these young guys can rise to the challenge offensively and we can get the pitching help we need to have a great season. I am ever optimistic!

Wonder if they will sell beer for the ETSU game at Smokies stadium...that could be pretty fun for a mid week game.

The Tony Gwynn classic could be good depending on who we draw...

Pretty tough road schedule with a young team.

Can't get here soon enough.

GBO!!!

Wonder if they will sell beer for the ETSU game at Smokies stadium...that could be pretty fun for a mid week game.

The Tony Gwynn classic could be good depending on who we draw...

Pretty tough road schedule with a young team.

Can't get here soon enough.

GBO!!!

I am stoked for the Tony Gwynn classic. I have already invited myself to some friends house in Solana Beach for that weekend.

I'm stoked for @Texas AM. Easy road trip for me.

It sickens me when we play at Kentucky outside of April.

Can't do the Keeneland/ baseball daily double in mid May

That last 3 weeks looks "doable" after the rough schedule early.

It irritates me that VOLS have 2 rough road series consecutively but no consecutive sec home series.

I'm always annoyed by Easter Day games. Wish the sec would play Thursday through Friday that weekend.

Will be interesting to see which road weekend UTAD will inevitably set the Orange and White game on.

Last edited:
It sickens me when we play at Kentucky outside of April.

Can't do the Keeneland/ baseball daily double in mid May

That last 3 weeks looks "doable" after the rough schedule early.

It irritates me that VOLS have 2 rough road series consecutively but no consecutive sec home series.

I'm always annoyed by Easter Day games. Wish the sec would play Thursday through Friday that weekend.

Will be interesting to see which road weekend UTAD will inevitably set the Orange and White game on.

Because the only home SEC weekend in April is Easter weekend, I'd wager that you're correct.

Is the hip all healed? Are you making it to the game next weekend?

Getting much better. Thanks for asking. I've been walking unassisted for about a month now. Going to take a while to get back to doing the things I used to do. LOL

No roping or skiing for a while.

No. I'm not going to make that trip next week. Still a little hard to get around for a college gameday experience. A&M is a great atmosphere for game weekends, starting with the midnight yell on Friday night. I recommend anybody who can attend, do it once in your life.

By spring, I will definitely be able to attend a baseball game. Much easier to navigate.

I'm guessing that if this season is another squeak into the SEC tournament or worse that Serrano will be gone after this year.

The Tony Gwynn Classic schedule has been announced. The Vols will play a double header on Friday vs Seton Hall and then SDSU. They then play again on Sunday in the championship or a consolation game.

The field only has 7 teams which makes for the weird scheduling. The Vols could potentially play Oregon, Cal Irvine, Notre Dame, or San Diego.

The Tony Gwynn Classic schedule has been announced. The Vols will play a double header on Friday vs Seton Hall and then SDSU. They then play again on Sunday in the championship or a consolation game.

The field only has 7 teams which makes for the weird scheduling. The Vols could potentially play Oregon, Cal Irvine, Notre Dame, or San Diego.

Nice. I had planned on only going two days so that schedule works out perfectly. A doubleheader on Friday, breweries on Saturday and hopefully the championship game on Sunday.

Go Vols!

Anyone here purchased baseball season tickets before?

Allvols.com just has baseball renewal info on their website, so was just curious about the pricing.

Anyone here purchased baseball season tickets before?

Allvols.com just has baseball renewal info on their website, so was just curious about the pricing.

It's fairly inexpensive, they should go on sale in late Jan. or early Mar.

GBO!!!

Just looking at the schedule and noticed we have 55 games when we can play 56. I wonder if CDS is looking for a game.

Just looking at the schedule and noticed we have 55 games when we can play 56. I wonder if CDS is looking for a game.

I'm not positive however the game (scrimmage) we played in the fall against Belmont may count towards the total allowable games.

Just looked at Belmont's schedule and they play 56 games. I doubt the game in the fall counts, as Belmont would be in the same situation.

That is strange. I remember hearing Coach Serrano say on the radio that it did count toward the 2017 schedule. Curious to see how Belmont can get by with an extra game.

That is strange. I remember hearing Coach Serrano say on the radio that it did count toward the 2017 schedule. Curious to see how Belmont can get by with an extra game.

Snow, cold, and/or rain will take care of at least 1 game they will not make up this season.

VN Store

Back