Baseball: Moberg officially granted a 6th year

31VFL

Wes Rucker
@wesrucker247: Good news for #Vols baseball: 2B, leadoff hitter Jeff Moberg was given a redshirt and will return.

Reactions: 4 people
Just confirmed that Vols second baseman Jeff Moberg — who was one of the nation's leaders last season in batting average (.415) and OBP (.519) before going down with a season-ending injury — was granted a redshirt and will return to Tennessee for a fifth-year senior season.
That's great news for Moberg and the Vols. He's a good, versatile defender and a great bat at the top of the lineup.
You never know how things are going to work out with 11.7 scholarships, but the Vols were able to get Moberg a redshirt season and keep him in the program. That stuff wasn't a given. But it got done.

-Wes Rucker

Reactions: 2 people
Yes! That certainly is a plus.

Yes it is. I see this as the 4th guy all but guaranteed to be in the line-up. Rodgers, Leftridge, Santiago, and Moberg. After that I don't know who will be back and who steps up. I could see Waldren being another.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Yes it is. I see this as the 4th guy all but guaranteed to be in the line-up. Rodgers, Leftridge, Santiago, and Moberg. After that I don't know who will be back and who steps up. I could see Waldren being another.

I'm not sure that just because Bartlett did not play summer ball he won't be back. If he is, he'll be in the mix. But, yeah, there are going to be a lot of new faces on the diamond for the Vols next year.

I'm not sure that just because Bartlett did not play summer ball he won't be back. If he is, he'll be in the mix. But, yeah, there are going to be a lot of new faces on the diamond for the Vols next year.

I actually didn't include Bartlett because I think a couple of new guys will push for his spot, but you're right he will be in the mix I'm sure.

5iRyXe4ia.jpg

Reactions: 2 people

Pence should take over for Bartlett.

:pepper::pepper::pepper::pepper::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

GO BIG ORANGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe Bruin was right about Bartlett.

Dustin Dopirak
@TennesseeBeat: Per a source, UT baseball got a commitment from USC grad transfer Reggie Southall, switch hitting shortstop.

In 42 games last year he hit .266 with 9RBI's.
In 2015, he hit .250 in 48 games with 19RBI's.
He also hit .250 as a FR.

Last edited:
This surprises me. I never thought Moberg would be back for a 6th year just like I figured Renfro wouldn't be back for another year as well.

Now, I have a little better hope for Renfro but still not likely to happen.

VN Store

Back