Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-07-15 at 1.03.05 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-07-15 at 1.03.05 AM.png
    293.7 KB · Views: 16
Reactions: 5 people
I don't follow baseball recruiting but know because of variables why it's hardest to recruit to. Is this kid one of those that the MLB draft will be a major threat to combat whether he ever makes it here? Or the other double edged sword not one that is recruited highly enough to warrant too much outside interest.

I don't follow baseball recruiting but know because of variables why it's hardest to recruit to. Is this kid one of those that the MLB draft will be a major threat to combat whether he ever makes it here? Or the other double edged sword not one that is recruited highly enough to warrant too much outside interest.

I have seen him play twice. Very good player but I doubt very seriously if we have to worry about the draft. However, things can change but as of now...no worries.

Article in KNS last week said he batted .255 this past HS season but apparently, he was coming off some injuries. Article said he was having a very good summer season.

Think we committed him as a pitcher didn't we?

I don't think so. I believe SS but not positive. Also, the kid that the Sentinel mentioned batting .255, was from middle TN and was coming off injury. Pretty sure Wallace batted better than that.

I don't think so. I believe SS but not positive. Also, the kid that the Sentinel mentioned batting .255, was from middle TN and was coming off injury. Pretty sure Wallace batted better than that.

Was up to 90 in recent PG event. Nearly certain that's what grabbed our attention

Last edited:
PG:

The Diamond Simcox 17u took on Scorpions Prime 2017 in a big matchup and sent out an impressive uncommitted arm. Righthander and shortstop Chase Wallace (2018, Tenn.) – only listed as a shortstop in the program – took the mound to start and impressed. Wallace has a medium frame listed at 6-foot-1, 180-pounds with room to continue to add strength and showed athleticism on the mound. He showed impressive arm strength with a slow swing into his long arm action. With a slight stab at the end of his arm circle, he exploded downhill from a three-quarters slot and landed online. His fastball worked 86-89 mph and touched 90 with good sinking action to the fastball and heaviness. He showed a pair of breaking balls, the first being a harder slider up to 78 mph showing some bite. The second was a curveball with 12-to-6 shape that he showed much more feel for. He doubled down on the curve often and threw it for strikes with good depth. His command was slightly erratic with his fastball, spiking it at times, but did miss bats with the offering and being aggressive with it.

Reactions: 1 person
Bruin, I'm not sure. If I am remembering correctly, it said his pitching record was something like 5-5 on the mound. However, from coaches I have spoken to, they say he is a very good player with a good upside.

Bruin, I'm not sure. If I am remembering correctly, it said his pitching record was something like 5-5 on the mound. However, from coaches I have spoken to, they say he is a very good player with a good upside.

5-5 would be a lot of pitching for a soph on a team will dang good pitching. Remember there were 2 other really good arms on that team. I think you might be confused

My son plays against him in district play and played with him this summer on the Diamond Simcox 17U team. Really good ballplayer who will continue to get even better and a good kid on top of that. He has picked up some velocity since we played them at the beginning of the season last year. He made some plays at SS this summer that were outstanding.

His brother is Vandy QB Deuce Wallace.

Last edited:
Good player, Lingo sure has helped some of his teammates get some attention. His brother Deuce is at Vandy playing QB on the football team.

PG:

The Diamond Simcox 17u took on Scorpions Prime 2017 in a big matchup and sent out an impressive uncommitted arm. Righthander and shortstop Chase Wallace (2018, Tenn.) – only listed as a shortstop in the program – took the mound to start and impressed. Wallace has a medium frame listed at 6-foot-1, 180-pounds with room to continue to add strength and showed athleticism on the mound. He showed impressive arm strength with a slow swing into his long arm action. With a slight stab at the end of his arm circle, he exploded downhill from a three-quarters slot and landed online. His fastball worked 86-89 mph and touched 90 with good sinking action to the fastball and heaviness. He showed a pair of breaking balls, the first being a harder slider up to 78 mph showing some bite. The second was a curveball with 12-to-6 shape that he showed much more feel for. He doubled down on the curve often and threw it for strikes with good depth. His command was slightly erratic with his fastball, spiking it at times, but did miss bats with the offering and being aggressive with it.

A rising Jr with that frame already throwing with that kind of velo has a great upside. Should be interesting to watch him develop over the next two years at SCHS.

It wasn't the game as much as it was the increase in velocity and the other "stuff" he showed in that game like a good 6/12 curve, sink on a 90 mph FB, and the ability to throw a good slider. He has the potential to be a very good D1 pitcher and beyond.

Agreed. It didn't hurt that he did all that vs Scorpions Prime. Those guys are Pre-Gator, Seminole, and Hurricane year after year. Orlando has as many or more High Schools as the State of TN. Any kid that can carve and shove Scorps Prime has my vote and needs to be in Orange. Great job AT, Sim, and CDS keeping our top guys at home.

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back