Vandie whistler

feathersax

Yesterday I heard online a transcription from a Mississippi radio station talking to a lady who encountered "Whistledink" (my term) at the SEC Baseball Tournament in Hoover last week. She recounted going over to him in the stands to complain about his whistling; after several verbal exchanges he stomped her foot, so she slapped his arm. Then he had the police come & she was taken from the stands. After her own explanation, she was released. Radio guys asked why she didn't press charges, but her reply was that she just wanted to make a point.
If you have been to a vandie baseball game, you know there are actually 2 or 3 whistlers, but one is definitely the loudest & most irritating. ESPN asked that he be stopped at Omaha in 2014. Just another reason commode door fans are the least liked. GO VOLS! :whistling:

Reactions: 1 person
I wonder if she complains about cowbells during football season?

Yesterday I heard online a transcription from a Mississippi radio station talking to a lady who encountered "Whistledink" (my term) at the SEC Baseball Tournament in Hoover last week. She recounted going over to him in the stands to complain about his whistling; after several verbal exchanges he stomped her foot, so she slapped his arm. Then he had the police come & she was taken from the stands. After her own explanation, she was released. Radio guys asked why she didn't press charges, but her reply was that she just wanted to make a point.
If you have been to a vandie baseball game, you know there are actually 2 or 3 whistlers, but one is definitely the loudest & most irritating. ESPN asked that he be stopped at Omaha in 2014. Just another reason commode door fans are the least liked. GO VOLS! :whistling:

Many, and I would say most, Vandy fans don't like the whistling either. It is a very hot topic of discussion right now. The guys who lead that stuff are huge Vandy baseball fans, and have done more for the program than any other fans. They manage the tailgate cookout before games, all on their own time.

But the whistling has become beyond irritating for most everyone, and I would not be surprised if the NCAA steps in and stops it for the tournament.

Simple solution:

Group of 4 or 5 men go together wearing clothing free of school logos. When whistle boy is located, move to his section, taking seats all around him. Give him an inning to become comfortable with your presence.

One at a time, make a trip to rest room. While there, each apply a liberal amount of aftershave, Old Spice or Brut are highly recommended, and return to your seats around your whistling friend.

If his nose is burning, he will be less inclined to whistle.

Reactions: 2 people
Many, and I would say most, Vandy fans don't like the whistling either. It is a very hot topic of discussion right now. The guys who lead that stuff are huge Vandy baseball fans, and have done more for the program than any other fans. They manage the tailgate cookout before games, all on their own time.

But the whistling has become beyond irritating for most everyone, and I would not be surprised if the NCAA steps in and stops it for the tournament.

Couple of their fans agree with you! Lady sitting in front of us in Hoover said it really got on her nerves. :thumbsup:

Leave them alone. It's really the only sport there that they are good at. Don't have much to cheer about

Some people. Why, just why? I bet they get off at irritating people or they would have stopped long ago.

Anybody have a video?

It might be annoying (glad I don't have to deal with it), but not sure what anybody can do about it since it's not an artificial noisemaker

Vandy whistler was shut up today. I was listening to their game driving and he was going strong, with other vandy nitwits clapping to his tunes. Then Xavier laid about 13 runs on their ass in the 7th and he wasn't heard from again.

If you gonna whistle, you gotta whistle regardless of the score... Typical vandy *******.

They just had a teammate die, so probably not a very classy move to gloat about getting destroyed in a game they weren't mentally into.

Reactions: 3 people
They just had a teammate die, so probably not a very classy move to gloat about getting destroyed in a game they weren't mentally into.

The comment was about the whistler. He was damn well into the game if you were listening to it and so were the vandy fans clapping with him.

The comment was about the whistler. He was damn well into the game if you were listening to it and so were the vandy fans clapping with him.

You, and the opposing fans that complain, are the reason he whistles.......you let it bother you.....he wins

You, and the opposing fans that complain, are the reason he whistles.......you let it bother you.....he wins

It doesn't really bother me too much cause I don't watch/listen to very much Vandy baseball. I was listening to the game early today and he was going strong. Then I tuned in after the 13 run inning and....no whistler. I also know a lot of their fans don't like it either.

No, your comment was not just about the whistler, considering you called the other Vandy fans "nitwits" and then said Xavier "laid 13 runs on their ass". Not to mention I wasn't just talking to you.

I understand the emotions but I can separate that from the game itself. I feel for them and wish for their emotional healing as quickly as possible. I know this has been tough on them. Doesn't mean I wouldn't mind seeing them go 0-2 and back to the dorms and I fail to see that as being classless.

Last edited:
I was 100% hoping Vandy pulled that game out. Tough way to end it, would've been nice to see them win one for the kid.

I understand the emotions but I can separate that from the game itself. I feel for them and wish for their emotional healing as quickly as possible. I know this has been tough on them. Doesn't mean I wouldn't mind seeing them go 0-2 and back to the dorms and I fail to see that as being classless.

I didn't say hoping they would lose is classless, I said gloating about it given the scenario is, and I stand by that.

I'm sure if one of our Vol teams had a team member killed and we lost a game badly, we wouldn't take very kindly to an opposing fan talking about how we got our asses kicked.

Last edited:
I didn't say hoping they would lose is classless, I said gloating about it given the scenario is, and I stand by that.

I'm sure if one of our Vol teams had a team member killed and we lost a game badly, we wouldn't take very kindly to an opposing fan talking about how we got our asses kicked.

He gloated about the whistler finally shutting up and his comment about the 7th inning was factual. "They scored 13 on their asses". Don't see how that's "gloating". Guess asses makes it gloating vs saying "on them".

I have two sons and thank god Ive never have to face what that family does. I hope I ever do. I didn't mean disrespect to him or his family. My comment was about the whistler shutting down later in the game. I apologize for using the phrase "on their ass".

Brut comment reminded me of the northwestern fan was talking about putting vol fan in headlocks while wearing Brut.

VN Store

Back