Senzel, Lance Named 2016 All-SEC, Scholar-Athlete of the Year

VN News

Tennessee Baseball's Nick Senzel has been named an All-Southeastern Conference Second Team selection as well as an SEC All-Defensive third baseman, while senior Derek Lance has been recognized as SEC Scholar-Athlete of the Year, announced by the league office on Monday.

More...

Discuss.

Congrats to both. Glad to have guys like this in Vol uniforms, they represent the University well.

Senzel's defense has been impressive this year.

Lance with a 3.90 GPA in kinesiology, that is incredibly impressive.

Reactions: 1 person
Congrats to these guys. How is Senzel not 1st team? He will be a top 10 pick. Just look at the price UGA paid this weekend for pitching to him in key situations.

Reactions: 2 people
Congrats to these guys. How is Senzel not 1st team? He will be a top 10 pick. Just look at the price UGA paid this weekend for pitching to him in key situations.

Boomer White at A&M hit .419 this year. He got 1st Team at 3B.

Reactions: 1 person

Another reason SEC baseball is so good! For those who haven't been to the tournament in Hoover, try to go see the best in college baseball! Nick will be a success in MLB.

Another reason SEC baseball is so good! For those who haven't been to the tournament in Hoover, try to go see the best in college baseball! Nick will be a success in MLB.

Without a doubt it's like watching a week of AA Baseball

I was thinking the same thing as to why Senzel was not 1st team until 31VFL posted what he did below. I wasn't aware White had this good of a year. I know White didn't hit that high in non-conference play. I remember following him earlier on before SEC play started.

He must have torn it up in SEC games. I'm going to check his SEC stats because the last time I checked his which was back in March sometime he wasn't hitting over .400 then. I think more along the lines of .350-.375 which is still really good.

That was before SEC play though. Hitting .419 is really impressive in this conference. Can't argue with White being picked over Senzel for 1st team but Senzel will be drafted top 10 come this June anyhow.

VN Store

Back