BASEBALL CENTRAL: 2016 SEC Baseball Tournament

VN News

Tennessee Baseball returns to the Southeastern Conference Baseball Tournament for its third consecutive year, taking on the No. 5 seed LSU Tigers (39-17, 19-11 SEC) in the first round of play on Tuesday, May 24 at 9 p.m. ET (8 p.m. CT) at the Hoover Metropolitan Stadium in Hoover, Ala.

More...

Discuss.

9 pm baseball game smh ill find out end result on Wednesday 25th when I wake up. Lol But I hope its a great awakening. Go Vols!

If you have never been, take a couple of days off and head to Hoover. Go for the first two days and you will get to see all 12 teams.......and their fans. Great setting for college baseball at its finest.

If you have never been, take a couple of days off and head to Hoover. Go for the first two days and you will get to see all 12 teams.......and their fans. Great setting for college baseball at its finest.

If it moves to Nashville it just won't be the same IMO. Hoover has done a great job of putting the event on and the city has become synonymous with postseason play. The minimum goal for everyone is to get to "Hoover". My thoughts may or not be swayed by the fact I'm in the process of relocating to the Huntsville area from the Nashville area; the closer the better. I'm relegated to only making it for the weekend this year but it's better than nothing.

Last edited:
So that tidbit means you weren't losing 10-0 at the time of my post and that I wasn't enjoying seeing it?
Just reminding you that Vandy could lose big and still recover. In 2014 they lost 11-1 and 7-2 in the SEC tourney, went home and got ready for the Real tourney. Honestly I want them out of Hoover ASAP. FYI: I took no pleasure in watching UT choke a 4-0 lead vs LSU.

Just reminding you that Vandy could lose big and still recover. In 2014 they lost 11-1 and 7-2 in the SEC tourney, went home and got ready for the Real tourney. Honestly I want them out of Hoover ASAP. FYI: I took no pleasure in watching UT choke a 4-0 lead vs LSU.

I used to have no problem with Vandy in any sport. Then I moved to the Franklin area and saw the arrogance and snobbery in how they looked upon UT and it was over. I got insulted by a grown man one year while watching a game on West End about not being able to get into Vandy and how does it feel to go to school overrun with thugs.

Could I have got into Vandy out of HS? Probably not, but don't know for sure. But it would have been pointless for me to apply anyway. I work in the agricultural sector, Vandy obviously doesn't have an Ag college so it's a moot point. I think it's safe to say if you want to work in the Ag field you'd get a better education at UT. So point being, I just never understand the belittling of the education and reputation of an institution, especially not when it boils down to we're rivals in a sport; a freaking game. That's why I relish in seeing Vandy fans upset.

Reactions: 1 person
I used to have no problem with Vandy in any sport. Then I moved to the Franklin area and saw the arrogance and snobbery in how they looked upon UT and it was over. I got insulted by a grown man one year while watching a game on West End about not being able to get into Vandy and how does it feel to go to school overrun with thugs.

There is just no excuse for that. People choose the institutions they attend for all manner of reasons, and it's embarrassing to me when Vanderbilt fans act like that.

I met some really great people there in graduate school, but I know from experience (and from the experience of others who attended as an undergraduate) that there is a totally different culture within the undergrad population that fosters some of the attitudes you talked about. Most I'm sure are hard workers and good people but it doesn't take many bad apples to spoil the bunch.

I chalked it up to most of the folks in graduate schools having gotten there on merit as displayed in undergrad, and it was a broader cross section of people who went to many different undergrads, from the Ivies to large public schools to small liberal arts colleges. There was also diversity in socioeconomic backgrounds. In the undergrad, the amount of people who came from wealth is pretty substantial. The scholarship program is helping with that, but it's still an issue.

VN Store

Back