Vol Baseball Headed to 2016 SEC Baseball Tournament

VN News

After finishing their regular season with a series win over the Georgia Bulldogs, the Tennessee Volunteer Baseball program is headed to the SEC Baseball Tournament in Hoover, Ala.

More...

Discuss.

Reactions: 7 people
These guys deserved it. If we had Kyle and Moberg, it's a much different year. Let's go beat UF or whoever we play.

Reactions: 2 people
I'm hoping we stick with Serrano for a couple more years. The program has improved with him and I think it will continue with him.

Reactions: 1 person
I'm hoping we stick with Serrano for a couple more years. The program has improved with him and I think it will continue with him.

They haven't so much as been on the bubble for an NCAA bid and next season doesn't look promising.

I don't see, in any measurable way, how the program is any better.

Reactions: 6 people
They haven't so much as been on the bubble for an NCAA bid and next season doesn't look promising.

When Raleigh was coach we even lost the midweek games to ETSU and MTSU, etc. Now we win those and a majority of the out of conference games where we didn't with Raleigh. So, not understanding why you're finding it so difficult.

When Raleigh was coach we even lost the midweek games to ETSU and MTSU, etc. Now we win those and a majority of the out of conference games where we didn't with Raleigh. So, not understanding why you're finding it so difficult.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYcqToQzzGY[/youtube]

Reactions: 3 people

Yet we've been less competitive in conference. Serrano has failed to reach double digit wins in the SEC 3 out of 5 years. Raleigh only managed to do that 1 out of 4 years.

Mr. Raleigh is lucky to be alive. If the players had murdered him and I was governor I would have pardoned them without a hearing.

Reactions: 5 people
No, not less competitive in conference.

So winning less than 10 games 60% of the time is better than winning less than 10 games 25% of the time? Who cares if you lose by 1 or by 4 if you ultimately lose more than you win? We've made the run margin closer, while managing to lose more games overall. I'm not sure that's improvement.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
So now winning one game of a three game series is how we measure success now? Not withstanding their making the tournament, this program is so far down in this league, they have to roll down their socks just to take a sh!t.

:lolabove:

i mean just funny btw, not agreeing or disagreeing....that's good ****, can we say ****? :eek:lol:

So now winning one game of a three game series is how we measure success now? Not withstanding their making the tournament, this program is so far down in this league, they have to roll down their socks just to take a sh!t.

We have an improvement on offense and lost perhaps our two best pitchers early. We'll be ok.

We're finishing 12th instead of 13th or 14th. It's all about proper goal setting.

Congratulations on the team making the SEC tournament. With that said, I agree that this isn't enough. We need to be looking at making regionals instead of being a bottom feeder in our own conference hoping another team will be worse than us so we can make the conference tournament.

Gutty, clutch performances to get in. Very happy for the players. However, at this point 5 years into CDS' stint as HC, is that all UT and its fan base should expect? If Hart can find better, make it happen. If he can't, extend CDS two years to see what he can do.

VN Store

Back