#11 LSU at Tennessee Game 3 Thread - 2 PM - ESPN3

So...

This is the last SEC home series...we haven't had a fireworks night, what are they doing over there?

Reactions: 2 people
It baffles me as to why this hire hasn't worked out for UT. Seemed like a sure fire thing at the time. I guess recruiting may be the main culprit.

Seemed that everyone thought it was a homerun hire, including me. I'm not exactly sure what we went wrong but just my opinion:

1) Serrano's west coast system of small ball is good but if you don't have the pieces it won't work. You need to have much better pitching and defense than we have had in order to do it. He seems to have realized it wasn't working and has changed this year and our hitting has really improved but the change has come about 3 years too late. Should have changed after year 2.

2) Recruiting has been below average and you can't have that in the SEC. He has "signed" highly rated guys but mainly because every other program knew they were going pro and decided to pursue other players that were good and were coming to school. Unacceptable for Serrano to not have a backup plan when he knew it was likely he was losing those guys to the draft.

3) This year he had terrible luck with injuries. I believe that if Moberg and Kyle Serrano don't get hurt we are right in the middle of the conference standings. Not among the elite teams but certainly not among the worst teams.

4) Maddening inconsistency. We win the series against Vandy, we take one game against UF, we had USCjr on the ropes in two of the three games against them yet we go 1-5 against KY and Missouri??

VN Store

Back