Vols Win 5-3, Clinch Series vs. #4 Vanderbilt

VN News

Battling through a back-and-forth series finale against No. 4-ranked Vanderbilt, the Volunteers came out on top to clinch their first SEC series of the season with a 5-3 Sunday win at Lindsey Nelson Stadium.

More...

Discuss.

Reactions: 2 people
It's great beating Vandy in anything,but particularly baseball as their success has exceeded ours over the last 10 years or so

Reactions: 4 people
Hard to fathom losing 2 out of 3 vs. Auburn but taking the series against Vandy. Better late than never though! Still a lot of baseball left and playing for Hoover!

Reactions: 3 people
Hope they can take these last 2 gutty performances and build momentum for the rest of the season. Good luck, guys!

it's always sweet to beat Vandy in Baseball because they think they are so good in baseball, and they have been, so to beat them is especially sweet. Having said that, nothing but respect for Corbin. He is a class act. Had the privilege to meet him him a few years ago when my son went to a Vandy baseball camp (we had Raleigh if you were wondering why we went to a Vandy BB camp), and he was nothing but a class act! Why UT did not approach him about moving east is beyond me!

Was that obnoxious vandie "whistledink" at the games in Knoxville? He is such a jerk. :whistling:

Not shocked even when the vols are in the pit they usually seem to win a series vs Vandy.

The Vols are the kryptonite to Vandy.

Reactions: 1 person
Yes, yes he was. Luckily he didn't have much to whistle at come the 7th inning.

Good! I was there 2 years ago when VOLS won the series in Knoxville, & anytime UT can beat vandie & shut this clown up is great! GO BIG ORANGE! :hi:

VN Store

Back