Appalachian State at Tennessee - 6 PM

Appalachianstatelrg.png

8-24 Overall record and 3-12 in conference, Sunbelt

Appalachian State went 17-36 a year ago under coach Billy Jones. The Mountaineers should be a young team in 2016 and will look to build for a strong finish. The top five hitters from a year ago are gone so fans will need a roster this spring. Grayson Atwood (.239) and Leonard Connor (.272) should man the corner infield spots. Matt Vernon and Henry Davis are expected to be the middle infielders. Chandler Seagle (.112) is strong defensively behind the dish. Drake Zupcic (.224), and freshmen Tanner Mann-Fix and Darryl Johnson are outfield options. Tyler Stroup could be the DH.

Sophomore righthander Travis Holden (2-4, 6.09) should lead the rotation. Freshmen Bobby Hampton, Colin Schmid and Breyden Gorham are starting candidates. Brian Bauk is a power arm (90-94 mph) who could close. Sidearmer Matt Schaeffer is another reliever to watch.

Take care of business today boys, a loss would be devastating to the RPI! I'm still say'n we have a chance....

Reactions: 1 person
OldTimer...I'm with you. I'll still be thinking we have a chance until we don't...then, I'll still be expecting a miracle...:)

GBO!

OldTimer...I'm with you. I'll still be thinking we have a chance until we don't...then, I'll still be expecting a miracle...:)

GBO!

if you see a new guy posting in the future under the name "Mr. Optimistic", it's me.........:)

Lead off man singles for AS...VJAX makes the play for 1 away...1 on, 1 out for AS

Last edited:
Hey, Mr. Wilkerson...you just stole my thunder...:)
Man, nice defense there...way to go gang...:rock:

GBO!

Appalachianstatelrg.png

8-24 Overall record and 3-12 in conference, Sunbelt

Appalachian State went 17-36 a year ago under coach Billy Jones. The Mountaineers should be a young team in 2016 and will look to build for a strong finish. The top five hitters from a year ago are gone so fans will need a roster this spring. Grayson Atwood (.239) and Leonard Connor (.272) should man the corner infield spots. Matt Vernon and Henry Davis are expected to be the middle infielders. Chandler Seagle (.112) is strong defensively behind the dish. Drake Zupcic (.224), and freshmen Tanner Mann-Fix and Darryl Johnson are outfield options. Tyler Stroup could be the DH.

Sophomore righthander Travis Holden (2-4, 6.09) should lead the rotation. Freshmen Bobby Hampton, Colin Schmid and Breyden Gorham are starting candidates. Brian Bauk is a power arm (90-94 mph) who could close. Sidearmer Matt Schaeffer is another reliever to watch.

Take care of business today boys, a loss would be devastating to the RPI! I'm still say'n we have a chance....

GBO!

Me three. I was thinking yesterday if we take the series from Auburn and then pull the upset against Vandy and take that series, we are right back in it.

Go Vols!

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back