Nike authentic on field baseball cap.

Steven5198

I'm REALLY interested in the gray/orange on field authentic cap. The closest thing I can find online is an anthracite/orange dri-fit cap. It's fairly close and actually sized, but not the same color or material. Anyone been to a home game and seen what is for sale there? Any help is appreciated.

I'm REALLY interested in the gray/orange on field authentic cap. The closest thing I can find online is an anthracite/orange dri-fit cap. It's fairly close and actually sized, but not the same color or material. Anyone been to a home game and seen what is for sale there? Any help is appreciated.

They have them at home games down the 1st baseline but they are around $40

I should've said 1st baseline.

Last edited:
Wonder why they do not sell the Nike baseball jersey as they do the football?

They have them at home games down the 1st baseline but they are around $40

I should've said 1st baseline.

Yes, that's correct. Checked the price on them today and they were selling for $34.

You're sure it is the actual gray on field version, which is wool, and not the anthracite version, that is dri-fit and available online? Thanks for the help!

You're sure it is the actual gray on field version, which is wool, and not the anthracite version, that is dri-fit and available online? Thanks for the help!

It looked like the real deal to me. It definately wasn't dri-fit.

It's a new era hat but it's the exact hat with the new ear logo on the side instead of a Nike check mark. It also has an sec emblem on the back but it's not on the hat the players wear.

But it is wool and the exact same color

Interesting. Makes you wonder if New Era is making the on field baseball hats for Nike. Thanks everybody for the information.

I ran into a similar problem a few seasons back, trying to find the authentic black team BB hat. Good luck bro.

Interesting. Makes you wonder if New Era is making the on field baseball hats for Nike. Thanks everybody for the information.

No, they're not. But Nike requires a retail order much larger than anyone is willing to make (around 5,000 pieces, if I recall correctly) to produce a piece for retail.

New Era will do a run of a couple of hundred, so they match it as closely as possible.

They always sold the adidas hats at the stadium, adidas only required an order of 500 or so.

Nike is selling a version of the gray and orange hats, but they are a Hypercool model with ventilation holes in the back.

The new era hat is very similar, the one positive is its a 59fifty low crown hat. The Nike hat has a higher crown which frankly, looks goofy on me....

No, they're not. But Nike requires a retail order much larger than anyone is willing to make (around 5,000 pieces, if I recall correctly) to produce a piece for retail.

New Era will do a run of a couple of hundred, so they match it as closely as possible.

They always sold the adidas hats at the stadium, adidas only required an order of 500 or so.

Nike is selling a version of the gray and orange hats, but they are a Hypercool model with ventilation holes in the back.

Thanks for the info. All of that makes sense. I THINK I have seen the Nike hypercool version, that you mentioned, online. But, isn't it anthracite and not the gray? I've seen this anthracite version on several sites...

Men's Nike Anthracite/Tennessee Orange Tennessee Volunteers True Vapor Performance Fitted Hat - SEC Store

Last edited:
This is the one they sell at the games

You were right about everything in your earlier description of it. New Era did a good job replicating the on field Nike version. Thanks for posting the photo. Definitely helps alot.

I think someone said $34. I can't remember. I think that's expensive for a hat but I think it's a good looking hat

VN Store

Back