1994 Team.

Perry Parris

After this weekend's auspicious start, there have been some comparisons made to 1994 - when we went to Miami to open the season and got swept.

Let's hope that comparison turns out to be more than just a season opening sweep in the Sunshine State.

After the 1994 team lost the Miami series, they came back and won the Olive Garden Classic. They lost 2 games @ Clemson and then ripped off 16 straight wins including their first 2 SEC games. That team went 24-5 in the SEC, which would be impossible to match in this era. Granted, this was a different era (there were only 24 SEC games, not the current 30; everybody participated in the SEC East or SEC West Tournament as opposed to the current top eight), but those numbers were amazing. Auburn - our baseball nemesis - was the only SEC team to take a series from the BaseVols. We swept Bama, UGA, USC, Vandy & Florida in the regular season, won the SEC East Tournament and hosted a regional in the old 6 team format, losing to perrenial power Arizona State for a chance at Omaha.

With a final record of 52-14, this may have been UT's finest team. Omaha would finally come in '95, but this team was truly dominant.

Great post Perry. I guess all is not lost at this point. :)

I may harp on it too much, but I'm hoping Borbon brings some of their chemistry back, especially defensively. With Julio and JP we should be able to score some runs...

PP, you seem to have a vast knowledge of Tennessee Baseball. Did you play or anything?

Freak, do you know Perry Parris personally or just on here?

PP, you seem to have a vast knowledge of Tennessee Baseball. Did you play or anything?

Freak, do you know Perry Parris personally or just on here?

Perry's season tickets are right beside me at Lindsey Nelson. He's a great guy and, you are right, he does have a vast knowlege of not only Tennessee baseball but college baseball in general. I have learned a lot sitting beside him just listening. :)

You guys sit in the orange seats where us lowly students can't get, eh?

tdtn - I just love baseball. The older I get the more I love it. I played baseball when I was younger, but football was my thing. My son plays and we are around a ballpark from February til July. You miss it when it's over and can't wait for its return....

Freak and I just happen to sit right slap next to each other @ beautiful (and soon to be more beautiful) LNS. We talk all UT stuff, but mostly UT baseball since that is ostensibly the matter at hand. I've been in the same seats for 6 years now, Freak is just starting his second trip. We'll corrupt him yet!!!!

VN Store

Back