A Chattanooga Weekend

fryeguy93

Rufus X. Sarsaparilli
As I don't start my new job for a few weeks, I plan to come to Chattanooga where I lived for a bit in mid - late 90s after graduating UT.

I see the long range forecast looks decent. Temps in the 60s with a middling chance of rain.

I'll get a hotel close so I can chill if there is a delay.

Chattanooga is always a great place to spend a weekend.

Reactions: 1 person
Be sure to hit up some of the good local restaurants. The Terminal, Urban Stack, Clyde's, and definitely grab some dessert from The Hot Chocolatier. Chattanooga is a great city.

Reactions: 2 people
Be sure to hit up some of the good local restaurants. The Terminal, Urban Stack, Clyde's, and definitely grab some dessert from The Hot Chocolatier. Chattanooga is a great city.

Don't forget about a Whiskey Tour and tasting at the Tennessee Stillhouse right next to the Hot Choclatier!

Memphis and The Tennessee Volunteers will be playing baseball this weekend at AT&T Field in Chattanooga. They are calling it the East-West Showdown. They play on Friday at 5 pm et and at 1 pm et on both Saturday and Sunday.

I haven't seen much about it online. What little I found said they hadn't played since 2012 but hadn't had a 3 game series since 1981. You can buy advance tickets on the Chattanooga Lookouts website (Lookouts.com). Tickets are $6 for general admission ($4 for kids) and $9 for reserved seating. I will probably buy mine at the gate so as to avoid the ticket fees.

I hope to go to at least one of the games. Weather looks great for Friday and Saturday ( high 60's) but there is a decent chance of rain on Sunday. I look forward to cheering on the Vols in Chattanooga.

Reactions: 2 people
I could see Saturday turning into a double-header if the forecast holds true.

Breaking in AT&T Park for the 2016 Southern League baseball season....... As a long time Southern League fan, I miss seeing Nashville in the Southern League.

CbhYed0XEAEonK9.jpg:large

Team is on the way to Chattanooga.

Ready to get this season started!!!

GBO!!!

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back