Dave Serrano Named to 2016 Collegiate National Team Staff

VN News

Tennessee Baseball Head Coach Dave Serrano has been named to USA Baseball’s 2016 Collegiate National Team coaching staff, as announced by the organization on Thursday.

More...

Discuss.

Reactions: 2 people
wish he would just concentrate on turning his team into a winner. but maybe this is foresight, will give him something to do after he gets fired

Firing Serrano would be a terrible decision. He will be a good coach at UT. Plus, who could we find who is better?

Reactions: 5 people
Firing Serrano would be a terrible decision. He will be a good coach at UT. Plus, who could we find who is better?

Agreed my friend.......

However, the UT Athletic Department doesn't have the best track record in making the best decisions.

Edit: UTAD also has a lot on its plate right now, conducting a baseball coaching search should be at the bottom of the list right now.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
This is good for the program.

Obviously he has a relationship with Horton, but Horton can pick any pitching coach in the country and he picked Serrano. Again, regardless of what happens, this is a good thing for the program imo.

Congrats to coach on getting to work for the National Team.

GBO!!!

Reactions: 3 people
This is good for the program.

Obviously he has a relationship with Horton, but Horton can pick any pitching coach in the country and he picked Serrano. Again, regardless of what happens, this is a good thing for the program imo.

Congrats to coach on getting to work for the National Team.

GBO!!!

Agreed. It's good for the program for sure

He still has my support but I was hoping for a little better results by now. How are they looking for this upcoming season? I watch the games online when I can but college baseball isn't the easiest to keep up with since college baseball isn't really televised or publicized. Just looked up recruiting rankings on a site called perfect game. They list Tennessee's past 4 classes as, 2013: 30th, 2014: 20th, 2015: 41st, 2016: 16th. That's not bad considering Tennessee has been down in baseball since Delmonico was let go. He finished 4th in the SEC east while Raleigh and Serrano's highest finish has been 5th. Granted, aren't Vandy, South Carolina and Florida good like every year? Assuming perfect game is a good site on tracking recruiting, it sucks to see Vanderbilt ranking like 1st and 2nd every year on their site. And speaking of college baseball not being very publicized, I don't even think ESPN has a page for it. I was looking for their college baseball standings or Tennessee's baseball page even googling it and couldn't find it. They cover everything except college baseball? Wth.

Can't see this other than a "big" positive at any level.
I mean recruits see this also, so it could help in that respect. Good for Coach Serrano...:rock:

GO BIG ORANGE! :clapping:

Can't see this other than a "big" positive at any level.
I mean recruits see this also, so it could help in that respect. Good for Coach Serrano...:rock:

GO BIG ORANGE! :clapping:

Only way it could possibly be bad is the summer is a big time for recruiting visits on campus

Good out weighs the bad IMO

He still has my support but I was hoping for a little better results by now. How are they looking for this upcoming season? I watch the games online when I can but college baseball isn't the easiest to keep up with since college baseball isn't really televised or publicized. Just looked up recruiting rankings on a site called perfect game. They list Tennessee's past 4 classes as, 2013: 30th, 2014: 20th, 2015: 41st, 2016: 16th. That's not bad considering Tennessee has been down in baseball since Delmonico was let go. He finished 4th in the SEC east while Raleigh and Serrano's highest finish has been 5th. Granted, aren't Vandy, South Carolina and Florida good like every year? Assuming perfect game is a good site on tracking recruiting, it sucks to see Vanderbilt ranking like 1st and 2nd every year on their site. And speaking of college baseball not being very publicized, I don't even think ESPN has a page for it. I was looking for their college baseball standings or Tennessee's baseball page even googling it and couldn't find it. They cover everything except college baseball? Wth.

Hey Top, good to hear from ya!

I've put up a few threads previewing the different position groups. I've been holding off on pitching as I was hoping I'd get over there this weekend and see some of them throw, but it doesn't look like the weather is going to cooperate.

PG is probably the best site for baseball recruiting. D1 is good for following baseball during the season. ESPN is not the best place to find coverage of college baseball but....

As for keeping up, last year every SEC game ('cept for one vs UGA) was either streamed on ESPN3 or televised and the same will hold true this season, actually more televised SEC baseball games than at any time in the history of the sport this season. The SEC Network will carry games all weekend long too.

In some polls Florida is ranked #1 right now with Vandy being in the Top 5 as well. SC was a little down last season as their Friday starter went down early in the season and they couldn't recover...they had some other key injuries as well, but yes, historically all three teams are usually nationally ranked.

In brief, none of the national guys, Kendall Rogers, Aaron Fitt etc...give us much of a chance and if you look through some of those previews you can tell why. In short, last year was s'pose to be the year and due to graduation/the draft we have a lot of production to replace.

If CDS could somehow manage to get to a regional, it would be the best coaching job of his career imo. Most don't think we'll make Hoover again this season. I'm hoping for a solid season and it can't get here soon enough!

GBO!!!

Last edited:

VN Store

Back