Memphis Preview/Scout/Info

31VFL

From the AAC pre-season polls:

Memphis was seventh in the preseason poll. Coach Daron Schoenrock’s has two players on the preseason all-conference team, including Tubbs, a unanimous choice in the outfield and The American’s Preseason Player of the Year. Tubbs hit a team-high .321 with seven home runs and 38 RBI and was ranked in the top five in the conference in hits (75), runs (57), triples (5), stolen bases (24). Righthander Nolan Blackwood, whose 14 saves ranked second in The American, also earned preseason all-conference honors

Reactions: 1 person
by Kendall Rogers

• Memphis, like many teams in this league, has a chance to be very solid in 2016. The problem? So is the rest of the league. First things first with the Tigers, this team should be in pretty good shape when it comes to the starting rotation. Sophomore RHP’s Connor Alexander and Colton Hathcock should be more consistent. Alexander finished last season with an ERA just a hair above four, but was good in the fall and has a heavy sinking fastball that will sit anywhere from 88-91. He also has a more than adequate slider. Hathcock is a rather talented prospect for the 2017 class with a big-time arm. Hathcock saw a bump on his velocity in the fall, getting up to 95, and has substituted his curveball for a true slider at his out pitch. Hathcock also continues to work with a changeup. On the back-end of the bullpen, junior RHP Nolan Blackwood is a talented prospect, who can get up to 93 at 6-foot-5 and from a low sidearm angle … Offensively, this looks like a team that will have some athleticism this spring, and they will need some instant production from newcomers such as JUCO transfers Trent Turner and Brandon Grudzielanek. Turner has some pop in his bat, while Grudzielanek has some speed and a mature offensive approach. The bell cow of this offense is athletic OF Darian Tubbs. Tubbs finished last season with 24 stolen bases and a .320 batting average. He will lead off for the Tigers and possesses a nice combination of speed, production and more.

CbXEvc_WIAAObJ8.jpg

The line up:

1. Moberg (2B)
2. Hall (RF)
3. Senzel (3B)
4. Jackson (LF)
5. Rodgers (1B)
6. Schultz (C)
7. Neal (DH)
8. Bartlett (SS)
9. Lance (CF)

Santiago will catch on Saturday.

GBO!!!

CbXEvc_WIAAObJ8.jpg

The line up:

1. Moberg (2B)
2. Hall (RF)
3. Senzel (3B)
4. Jackson (LF)
5. Rodgers (1B)
6. Schultz (C)
7. Neal (DH)
8. Bartlett (SS)
9. Lance (CF)

GBO!!!

Where did you get the lineup?

CbXEvc_WIAAObJ8.jpg

The line up:

1. Moberg (2B)
2. Hall (RF)
3. Senzel (3B)
4. Jackson (LF)
5. Rodgers (1B)
6. Schultz (C)
7. Neal (DH)
8. Bartlett (SS)
9. Lance (CF)

GBO!!!

Should be an exciting season with plenty of ups and downs, I'm hoping for more ups........

I'll go ahead and stick my neck out on the limb, 10th place SEC finish and 9 SEC teams make a regional.

CbXEvc_WIAAObJ8.jpg

The line up:

1. Moberg (2B)
2. Hall (RF)
3. Senzel (3B)
4. Jackson (LF)
5. Rodgers (1B)
6. Schultz (C)
7. Neal (DH)
8. Bartlett (SS)
9. Lance (CF)

GBO!!!

Is that Jordan Rodgers at 1B?

I guess the gray hats are going to be the standard day-to-day cap.

Sneaky ploy to get me to buy another hat- like I wouldn't already.

No live stream this weekend? That's a real buzz killer.

VN Store

Back