SEC Western Division
1 Texas A&M
2 LSU
3 Mississippi State
4 Arkansas
5 Ole Miss
6 Alabama
7 Auburn

Projected Regional Teams (10): Arkansas, Florida, Kentucky, LSU, Mississippi State, Missouri, Ole Miss, Texas A&M, South Carolina, Vanderbilt.

Player of the Year: Nick Banks, OF, Texas A&M

Pitcher of the Year: A.J. Puk, LHP, Florida

Freshman of the Year: Antoine Duplantis, OF, LSU

Top Prospects, 2016 Draft
1 A.J. Puk LHP Florida
2 Buddy Reed OF Florida
3 Nick Senzel 2B/3B Tennessee
4 Bryan Reynolds OF Vanderbilt
5 Dakota Hudson RHP Mississippi State
6 Nick Banks OF Texas A&M
7 Logan Shore RHP Florida
8 Robert Tyler RHP Georgia
9 Jordan Sheffield RHP Vanderbilt
10 Zach Jackson RHP Arkansas
11 Ben Bowden LHP Vanderbilt
12 Jake Fraley OF LSU
13 Stephen Wrenn OF Georgia
14 Errol Robinson SS Ole Miss
15 Ryan Hendrix RHP Texas A&M
16 Wil Crowe RHP South Carolina
17 Zack Brown RHP Kentucky
18 Kyle Serrrano RHP Tennessee
19 Kyle Cody RHP Kentucky
20 Keegan Thompson RHP Auburn

Top Prospects, 2017 Draft
1 J.J. Schwarz C Florida
2 Alex Lange RHP LSU
3 Tanner Houck RHP Missouri
4 Kyle Wright RHP Vanderbilt
5 Alex Faedo RHP Florida
6 Jeren Kendall OF Vanderbilt
7 Corbin Martin RHP Texas A&M
8 Bryce Montes de Oca RHP Missouri
9 Alex Destino 1B South Carolina
10 Jace Vines RHP Texas A&M
11 Tyler Ivey RHP Texas A&M
12 Evan White OF/1B Kentucky
13 Mike Rivera C Florida
14 Dalton Guthrie SS Florida
15 Clarke Schmidt RHP South Carolina
16 Keaton McKinney RHP Arkansas
17 Zach Warren LHP Tennessee
18 Zach Pop RHP Kentucky
19 Brandon Murray RHP South Carolina
20 Benito Santiago C Tennessee

Keep an Eye On: Alabama, Auburn, Georgia, Tennessee
• Tennessee has yet to really get things going in the Dave Serrano era, but this team has the potential to prove the naysayers wrong. The Volunteers have some impressive talent on the mound and at the plate. On the mound, Jr. RHP Kyle Serrano looks primed to become that premier arm he’s always had the potential to be. Serrano will get into the mid-90s with his fastball, along with a solid breaking ball and changeup, while sophomore LHP Zach Warren is a highly intriguing arm to watch. Warren is a rising 2017 prospect and will sit in the upper-80s, low-90s with his fastball, along with a power breaking ball and changeup. Also keep an eye on senior Andy Cox, who also possesses a quality breaking ball, while JUCO transfer and closer, RHP Jon Lipinski, has a chance to be an immediate impact guy. Lipinski sits in the low-90s with his fastball with some late life, while he also showed good feel for his breaking ball during fall workouts. Another newcomer, freshman RHP Will Neely, possesses three good pitches with a fastball into the low-90s and a power breaking ball … Offensively, this unit oozes with potential. Third baseman Nick Senzel is the clear-cut headliner of this group. Senzel showed consistent use of all fields and a very mature approach last summer at the Cape Cod League, while OF Vincent Jackson is stronger and should have a very impressive athletic/speed/power combination this spring. Jordan Rodgers showed offensive improvements in the fall, thanks to some impressive strength gains, while JUCO transfer and OF Dathan Prewett has me intrigued. Prewett is a true fire-starter at the plate, showing a combination of speed, power and the ability to steal bases. Prewett, amazingly, finished last season with 54 stolen bases at Walters State (Tenn.) CC. The Vols aren’t predicted to make the NCAA postseason, but this group proving everyone wrong wouldn’t be a surprise.

Reactions: 4 people
Thanks OldTimer, hoping by the end of the season we will have more Vols on the list and the ones already on the list will have moved up!

Go Vols

Has anyone been to a scrimmage this spring? I'm eager to see what they look like.

Didn't want to start a thread for this but good grief.

In one day. One damn day for kids that are freshmen in high school. 3 top 40 players in the country. Unreal

@JBrownPG: Big day yesterday for #Vandy in 2019 class, also add RHP Wesley Scott (#14 per @PerfectGameUSA) & LHH OF Spencer Jones (#39) #AnchorDown

@JBrownPG: #Vandy at it again & land big in-state arm for 2019 class with RHP Chris McElvain. Live FB w/ tight SL. #15 per @PerfectGameUSA #AnchorDown

Didn't want to start a thread for this but good grief.

In one day. One damn day for kids that are freshmen in high school. 3 top 40 players in the country. Unreal

@JBrownPG: Big day yesterday for #Vandy in 2019 class, also add RHP Wesley Scott (#14 per @PerfectGameUSA) & LHH OF Spencer Jones (#39) #AnchorDown

@JBrownPG: #Vandy at it again & land big in-state arm for 2019 class with RHP Chris McElvain. Live FB w/ tight SL. #15 per @PerfectGameUSA #AnchorDown

This is what I was referring to previously Bruin...they are so out front of the rest of the conference it's actually hard to believe, even with all they have to offer. Those guys are freshmen in HS...I hate 'em but...

Reactions: 1 person
This is what I was referring to previously Bruin...they are so out front of the rest of the conference it's actually hard to believe, even with all they have to offer. Those guys are freshmen in HS...I hate 'em but...

Oh yea they are for sure but why and how?

The why is easy to figure out

The how is the problem

Oh yea they are for sure but why and how?

The why is easy to figure out

The how is the problem

The only answer I can give is this: They are as established as you can get. Every pitcher in the country and for sure this state wants an offer from them.

Until we make a regional and do some damage, I don't see how we break the cycle and even then it will be tough.

It is awe inspiring, what they are doing in recruiting.

It's going to be a difficult season, all I know to do is be positive and hope we make the big step to .500 in the conference. Until we get there we're comparing apples and oranges. Maybe even then, but it would damn sure feel good.

According to Dustin Dopirak, one Baseball America writer has Nick Senzel as his Pre-season National Player of the Year.

If he wins it, other guys in our line-up will have stepped up. If they don't, I'm afraid he will never get the chance to put up big numbers due to being pitched around.

Certainly that is one of the biggest questions heading into this season for sure.

VN Store

Back