Soft Toss Training Machine

JPreston

Hello I'm a student from Blue Springs High School and in my Engineering class we are suppose to work on a project all year to fix a problem and my partner and I chose it to be a soft toss machine that we change or make a new design. We could use help by people taking the questionnaire and put input on this thread of what you've used so we know how to improve ours.
- This is the questionnaire URL: Soft Toss Machine Questionnaire.

Thank you all who help :)

Just my $.02, instead of typical soft toss which come from the side and basically floats a ball upward, create a front toss machine to simulate a person sitting on a bucket throwing overhand, typically 3/4, which is the preferred method of almost all travel ball coaches during pre-game warmups. it's better for timing purposes.......

I will mention, hitting off a tee still might be the best overall practice drill a hitter can do.....create good compact travel tee that doesn't tip over and the rubber "ball" holder doesn't bend and crack over time and you might have a winner.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Just my $.02, instead of typical soft toss which come from the side and basically floats a ball upward, create a front toss machine to simulate a person sitting on a bucket throwing overhand, typically 3/4, which is the preferred method of almost all travel ball coaches during pre-game warmups. it's better for timing purposes.......

I will mention, hitting off a tee still might be the best overall practice drill a hitter can do.....create good compact travel tee that doesn't tip over and the rubber "ball" holder doesn't bend and crack over time and you might have a winner.

Thanks OldTimer for your ideas! :)

VN Store

Back