VFL Luke Hochevar Earns World Series-Clinching Win

VN News

Former Vol and current Kansas City Royals pitcher Luke Hochevar pitched two scoreless innings in relief and recorded the win in the series-clinching Game 5 of the World Series Sunday night. With the win, the Royals defeated the Mets, 7-2, in 12 innings, bringing Kansas City their first World Series championship since 1985.

More...

Discuss.

Reactions: 6 people
By all accounts, he's a pretty good guy according to the local media. Felt really good for him the contribute after missing the WS due to TJ surgery. He made that bullpen even more potenent. I believe he's a FA this year.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
By all accounts, he's a pretty good guy according to the local media. Felt really good for him the contribute after missing the WS due to TJ surgery. He made that bullpen even more potenent. I believe he's a FA this year.

He's signed through next year

Wasn't around during his playing days or days in question....enlighten me on the situation, cliff note version.

A kid who I don't even know if he posts here anymore labeled him a bust because he wasn't a breakout star like two years after being drafted

No one ever ever takes my advice, but I would this time if I were anyone that thought they were interested in my original comment. Don't read the below the link. Just ignore this post altogether really.

http://www.volnation.com/forum/tennessee-vols-baseball/47431-hochevar-start-royals.html?highlight=hochevar

I remember reading that thread, lol. Who feels dumb now?

On a side note, I met Luke during his holdout year at a local ballpark while he was a volunteer coach for a local private school, and I was umpiring HS ball at the time. He is a super nice guy and was always positive with his pitchers even though none of them could break a pane of glass. I think they used 4 pitchers that day.

No one ever ever takes my advice, but I would this time if I were anyone that thought they were interested in my original comment. Don't read the below the link. Just ignore this post altogether really.

http://www.volnation.com/forum/tennessee-vols-baseball/47431-hochevar-start-royals.html?highlight=hochevar

read thru most of the 16+pages.......the guy calling him a bust out of the gate is still active on the boards. He did later say that he LH would only be a 2-3 starter at best.

All I know is the Royals gave him a 16.5 million contract with 10 million guaranteed, they evidently feel that he's worth something to the club. Good for LH!

Last edited:
I know likes don't matter, but how do you go 19k+ posts and only have 6 likes? He must be a real debby downer.

VN Store

Back