Weekly Fall Practice Schedule (10/19-25)

VN News

As the Tennessee Volunteers enter their fourth week of fall practice, the squad prepares for the Orange & White World Series to begin on Sunday, Oct. 25 at Lindsey Nelson Stadium.

More...

Discuss.

Got it worked out so I can be at the scrimmage tomorrow. I'll get my first look at the baseball team. EXCITED!

GBO!!!

Got it worked out so I can be at the scrimmage tomorrow. I'll get my first look at the baseball team. EXCITED!

GBO!!!

Probably hard to get a good feel being the first time out but see anything worth getting excited about?

Welp, went over to LNS today, a beautiful day for some baseball!

It took a bit to figure out who was who as both teams wore orange and the numbers on the practice jerseys are hard to read...but since this is not my first rodeo, I brought binoculars.

Before going any further, it's just one fall practice and no conclusions can really be drawn.

Leno Ramirez made an impression with his fielding at 3B. He looked very natural and made one fantastic barehanded catch and throw to first. Senzel made a couple of errors at third, one in the bottom of the ninth. On that same play the ball shot out to LF and Derek Lance made a fantastic throw to get the runner at home plate. That play drew the loudest response by the players on the day.

Senzel rocked Hunter Martin for a 2 run Homer his first time up.

Daniel Neal and Cammarata played 1st base. Both seemed solid and both did well at the plate. As a true frosh, Neal looks the part.

Pruett and LHorne were the second basemen while Moberg and Max Bartlett played SS for opposing teams.

Santago and Sean Skelly were behind the plate and both had some good moments. Skelly had a couple productive at bats which is nice to see from the catcher position.

Hunter Martin and Kyle Serrano got the starts. They looked good for the most part, I wouldn't say terrific. Both of them gave up some hits, but they didn't fall apart. I don't recall any wild pitches from those two.

Zach Reid looked good in his first inning of work, not as good in the second. Steven Kane had a bit of a rough outing giving up a lead off double off the wall to Skelly, giving up an RBI single to Langhorne and another to Senzel in his first inning of work.

Quint Robinson had a 3 up 3 down inning, looked strong and I was impressed with Richard Jackson, he sort of surpassed my expectation based on his work this summer.

Will Neely, I can see it. He needs to put on some weight but the ball explodes out of his hand. He got roughed up a bit and he didn't get the best D performance backing him up, he'll be a good one, the question is how soon.

It ended up a 6-5, maybe 7-5 game depending on who came across on that E in the 9th, between 16-18 total hits.

That's what I recall off the top of my head, sorry if it's a little disjointed. Just good to see some baseball!

GBO!!!

Welp, went over to LNS today, a beautiful day for some baseball!

It took a bit to figure out who was who as both teams wore orange and the numbers on the practice jerseys are hard to read...but since this is not my first rodeo, I brought binoculars.

Before going any further, it's just one fall practice and no conclusions can really be drawn.

Leno Ramirez made an impression with his fielding at 3B. He looked very natural and made one fantastic barehanded catch and throw to first. Senzel made a couple of errors at third, one in the bottom of the ninth. On that same play the ball shot out to LF and Derek Lance made a fantastic throw to get the runner at home plate. That play drew the loudest response by the players on the day.

Senzel rocked Hunter Martin for a 2 run Homer his first time up.

Daniel Neal and Cammarata played 1st base. Both seemed solid and both did well at the plate. As a true frosh, Neal looks the part.

Pruett and LHorne were the second basemen while Moberg and Max Bartlett played SS for opposing teams.

Santago and Sean Skelly were behind the plate and both had some good moments. Skelly had a couple productive at bats which is nice to see from the catcher position.

Hunter Martin and Kyle Serrano got the starts. They looked good for the most part, I wouldn't say terrific. Both of them gave up some hits, but they didn't fall apart. I don't recall any wild pitches from those two.

Zach Reid looked good in his first inning of work, not as good in the second. Steven Kane had a bit of a rough outing giving up a lead off double off the wall to Skelly, giving up an RBI single to Langhorne and another to Senzel in his first inning of work.

Quint Robinson had a 3 up 3 down inning, looked strong and I was impressed with Richard Jackson, he sort of surpassed my expectation based on his work this summer.

Will Neely, I can see it. He needs to put on some weight but the ball explodes out of his hand. He got roughed up a bit and he didn't get the best D performance backing him up, he'll be a good one, the question is how soon.

It ended up a 6-5, maybe 7-5 game depending on who came across on that E in the 9th, between 16-18 total hits.

That's what I recall off the top of my head, sorry if it's a little disjointed. Just good to see some baseball!

GBO!!!

you're in mid-season form 66, great write-up. Season will be here before we know it.......

VN Store

Back