Vols in the Postseason

VN News

Prior to the conclusion of wild-card play, Tennessee Baseball had four former players in the MLB postseason, tied for second most in the SEC. VFL Chase Headley and the New York Yankees lost 3-0 to fellow VFL Matt Duffy and the Houston Astros in the AL Wild Card game. With the win, Duffy and the Astros advanced to the ALDS versus VFL Luke Hochevar and the Kansas City Royals. Toronto Blue Jay and Vol for Life R.A. Dickey will face the Texas Rangers in the ALDS.

More...

Discuss.

Reactions: 2 people
I don't care if anyone reads this but I appreciate it...:good!::good!:

GO BASEVOLS!

I don't care if anyone reads this but I appreciate it...:good!::good!:

GO BASEVOLS!

I read it Roller. Good stuff. Unfortunately Matt Duffy didn't make the roster for ALDS for Astros. He's doing great though. Maybe he'll make the AL series roster. He had some success pinch hitting. Finished the regular season with a .375 BA in 8 IN and 3 RBI's.

Congrats to RA!

Speechless on the decision to bring price in the game.

Don't understand that in anyway

Congrats to RA!

Coddling Price. This was done by Gibbons to get Price a win. Dickey easily had another inning or two left.

Congrats to RA!

I've never been so mad at a call in baseball. Dickey deserved that shot. Would have been the oldest pitcher to ever win a post season game.

Though Dickey's win loss record for the year doesn't look that impressive. He had a great second half and an even better Sept to close the regular season out. Sept stats: 40 in, 2.43 ERA. Guy ate up a lot of innings again this year.

Game 4 ALCS
Royals vs Blue Jays
RA Dickey get the start for the Blue Jays.
4:00 PM ET

Go get 'em RA!

VN Store

Back