Tennessee Announces 2016 Baseball Schedule

VN News

The Tennessee Baseball Program and Head Coach Dave Serrano officially announced the 2016 Vol Baseball season schedule this week, a 56-game slate featuring tournament appearances at Grand Canyon University and East Carolina University as well as two neutral site matchups at minor league ballparks.

More...

Discuss.

Reactions: 2 people
Looks like CDS has about found that sweet spot in the non-conference schedule.

Just enough road and neutral site games against just enough teams that are just good enough that it won't count against us if we're on the bubble. Cupcakes are mostly limited to midweek games against nearby schools. No more bringing in northeastern teams that haven't even practiced outside for weekend beat downs.

Respectable but not intimidating. Just about right.

Intersting opening up the season in chattanooga with a 3 game series vs memphis.

Not sure what I think about that.

Reactions: 1 person
I'd love to see the Smokies host an early season tourney in Kodak.

That stadium would be perfect and would be a hoot

Centrally located for SoCon, ACC, SEC, OVC schools.

That Memphis series - I assume at AT&T Park is close enough to Cartersville and their artificial turf if the weather goes bad.

2 weekends in a row against Florida and LSU at home is HUGE!!

We avoid Miss. State, Arkansas, and Texas A&M

This a GREAT schedule.

May will be the most important month in CDS' coaching career

I agree, no back to back road series', UF, Vandy, Ole Miss and LSU at home...don't really see how we could ask for a better schedule.

oops, I read it wrong, SC and Auburn are back to back...

Last edited:
I agree, no back to back road series', UF, Vandy, Ole Miss and LSU at home...don't really see how we could ask for a better schedule.

oops, I read it wrong, SC and Auburn are back to back...

I did the exact same thing.

I did not realize that we started conference play on road for so many seasons.

I don't have a problem with that if the northern teams like Tennessee, Kentucky, Vanderbilt, Missouri and Arkansas are sent south to avoid one-more week of freaky Spring weather.

MLB should do the same instead of seeing the dead ivy at Wrigley or fans freezing in Fenway, let them open up in the south or in domes.

However, I do have a problem if the northern teams are sent to other northern sites.

Florida, LSU, Auburn, Mississippi State, and Texas A&M should be at home the opening weekend against the northern 5.

The "middling 4" South Carolina, Georgia, Ole Miss and Alabama could play each other.

That opening weekend in Chattanooga will be a lot of fun if the weather's decent.

Take the kids to the Aquarium, IMax, baseball and leave the car parked at hotel.

I season is starting a week later than I thought. Usually its the Valentines weekend and it appears to be the weekend after. Leap Year has nothing to do with it since it's early February.

Playing at AT&T Park is a great way to open the season and I think this is the make or break season for CDS and his staff.

VN Store

Back