Zack Godley recalled by Dbacks

txbo

Never worked for a Vandy grad
Zack Godley has been recalled to the big club by the Diamondbacks. Chip Hale says that he will work out of the bullpen for now.

I saw he was 3-0 with a 1.50 era -- never saw why the incompetents sent him back to AA in the first place

He was originally called up due to injury of a starting pitcher. When he was cleared to play they had to make a roster move. That guy hasn't done all that well since his return, he is going down to triple A so Godley can return.

Arizona Diamondbacks recall Zack Godley, ship Chase Anderson to minors

They haven't announced who will take Anderson's place in the rotation. Godley is reportedly going to work out of the bull pen for now.

"@Dbacks Mgr Chip Hale says that for now Zack Godley will not start. Managing his innings."

Last edited:
They haven't announced who will take Anderson's place in the rotation. Godley is reportedly going to work out of the bull pen for now.

"@Dbacks Mgr Chip Hale says that for now Zack Godley will not start. Managing his innings."

Yeah I read that. They have been having bull pen issues all season, if he can do well out of the pen, he might have a better chance of sticking.

Yeah I read that. They have been having bull pen issues all season, if he can do well out of the pen, he might have a better chance of sticking.

Now I have to stay up for late innings of west coast games. LOL. Not going to be good for my sleep.

a couple of his starts i just got up early the next morning and watched the replay....that way i could zip though the half innings he was not pitching....MLB.com does not show commercials on replays either

Went 2 innings against the Pirates tonight. Final line:

2 IP
3 H
1 R
1ER
2 BB
2 SO
ERA after 20 MLB innings 1.80

Go get 'em kid!

He got his 4th win of the season tonight. He provided 3.2 innings of relief. He gave up 1H 1R 1ER 3K. His ERA is currently an impressive 1.90.

He got his 4th win of the season tonight. He provided 3.2 innings of relief. He gave up 1H 1R 1ER 3K. His ERA is currently an impressive 1.90.

Yes! He also picked up his first MLB hit. Laid down a bunt in the 4th to load the bases.... Scored as infield hit.

@MLBRosterMoves: .@Dbacks select RHP Jhoulys Chacin from Triple-A Reno; option RHP Zack Godley to Double-A Mobile; designate OF Danny Dorn for assignment.

And the merry go round continues

Godley recalled by DBacks. He will start tonight vs Cubs.
Plan is to give him two starts and then have him work out of the bull pen.

ETA: Friday night. Not Thursday.

Last edited:
Godley recalled by DBacks. He will start tonight vs Cubs.
Plan is to give him two starts and then have him work out of the bull pen.

ETA: Friday night. Not Thursday.

Very rough one outing. First poor start of a great year

Very rough one outing. First poor start of a great year

Good news is that he bounced back strongly. 5ip 3H 1R 1ER 5K and in line for the win over the Giants at the moment. 2-1 Dbacks top 8.

Real good start. Probably the last start for the year but going to work out of the pen for the rest of September.

Godley got the start today against the Padres. Was limited to 3 innings. Went the 3 giving up only 2 hits, 0 runs, 3 strikes outs. Nice work!

VN Store

Back