UT Names Chad Zurcher Dir. of Baseball Ops

VN News

>- Head Coach Dave Serrano and the University of Tennessee Baseball Program announced the addition of Chad Zurcher as new director of baseball operations.

More...

Discuss.

I read the article and I was still wondering why, so, if it helps Coach Serrano and team, of course, but, I'm still wondering why. :)

GO BIG ORANGE!

What happens with Tony Asaro?

He returned to California to pursue coaching jobs.

The Director of Ops cannot coach or participate in on-field drills in games or at practice. A lot of times guys that want to coach will take that job to learn more about the college game and to build connections, but it's not a long-term stop.

Other than making travel plans and being in charge of uniforms and equipment, the Director of Ops has no direct impact on how the team plays.

Reactions: 2 people
He returned to California to pursue coaching jobs.

The Director of Ops cannot coach or participate in on-field drills in games or at practice. A lot of times guys that want to coach will take that job to learn more about the college game and to build connections, but it's not a long-term stop.

Other than making travel plans and being in charge of uniforms and equipment, the Director of Ops has no direct impact on how the team plays.

Thanks for the info DP, early this afternoon Asaro was still listed on the roster, that's why I was asking. Will the roster be updated this week with the new guys starting school? tia

VN Store

Back