Zack Godley 3rd MLB start

txbo

Never worked for a Vandy grad
Monday, August 3, 7:00pm et
Arizona at Washington
Godley gets the ball for his third start. Should be a challenge. Go get 'em kid!

Steve Gilbert of MLB.com is reporting that this may be Godley's last start of the year. Chase Anderson is scheduled to return to the rotation after his stint on the DL.

Reports are that the Diamondbacks want to limit Godley's innings. He could be moved to the bullpen in either the Majors or the minors.

Steve Gilbert of MLB.com is reporting that this may be Godley's last start of the year. Chase Anderson is scheduled to return to the rotation after his stint on the DL.

Reports are that the Diamondbacks want to limit Godley's innings. He could be moved to the bullpen in either the Majors or the minors.

Exactly what I figured would happen. Was hoping it wouldn't be the case

Last edited:
Three up three down for inning 1. All three outs were flyouts.

End of the 3rd. Faced 9 batters. No runs no hits no errors.

Diamondbacks lead 1-0

End of 4.
5k, 1 walk, 2 hits
Dbacks lead 4-0

Worked out of a bases loaded jam. Stuff looks really good. Ball is really running on him. Had a little trouble keeping it in the zone.

Through 5
Dbacks 5-0
Godley 3 hits, 1 walk, 6 K's

Through 6
Dbacks 5 Nat's 0
3 hits, 1 walk, 1 hit by pitch, 6K
Probably done for the night.

Well done kid!

Through 6
Dbacks 5 Nat's 0
3 hits, 1 walk, 1 hit by pitch, 6K
Probably done for the night.

Well done kid!

He has been phenomenal. I don't think the D'backs could have asked for anymore than what he has given them.

Godley done for the night. Announcers suggesting he may get one more start this weekend.

Holy moly. 6-4 bottom 9th 1 out, runner on 2nd.

Dbacks win 6-4
Godley 3-0 career MLB record. LMAO! Awesome.

2nd pitcher in DBack history to win his first 3 starts.

This is so cool what Godley is doing.

Think back to fall, 2011.

If you told me one player on the team would become a major leaguer, I'd have guessed Tolles. If you told me I was wrong, I'd have guessed Steck. If you told me I was still wrong, I have no idea who I would have guessed. But Godley wouldn't have come to mind right away.

I love this kind of a story, and I love it more when a VFL does it!

Reactions: 2 people
This is so cool what Godley is doing.

Think back to fall, 2011.

If you told me one player on the team would become a major leaguer, I'd have guessed Tolles. If you told me I was wrong, I'd have guessed Steck. If you told me I was still wrong, I have no idea who I would have guessed. But Godley wouldn't have come to mind right away.

I love this kind of a story, and I love it more when a VFL does it!

Yep. I feel the same way. Not about Toles especially, but I didn't expect to see Godley in the bigs. I'm not surprised that he's there, and really not that he's doing so well. I'm just so freaking impressed that he's been able to do it. I have watched a lot of college baseball and I cannot say I've seen a more ferocious, never quit kind of guy than Zack was his senior year. I am super proud of Zack and honored to have him as a representative of our program on the biggest stage.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back