Zack Godley 2nd Start

txbo

Never worked for a Vandy grad
Zack Godley takes the mound tonight for his second MLB start. Diamondbacks are on the road against the Mariners in Seattle. Don't miss it!

Go get 'em kid.

Anybody watching, some updates would be great if one is so inclined, tia...

Last edited:
Z. Godley, B1

Austin Jackson: Strike looking, Ball, Foul, Jackson struck out on foul tip.
Kyle Seager: Ball, Ball, Strike looking, Foul, Foul, Seager grounded out to second.
Nelson Cruz: Cruz grounded out to third.
End of Inning (0 Runs, 0 Hits, 0 Errors)

ZG, B2

Robinson Cano: Ball, Ball, Strike looking, Cano grounded out to second.
Seth Smith: Strike swinging, Smith grounded out to first.
Mark Trumbo: Strike swinging, Strike swinging, Ball, Trumbo singled to right.
Brad Miller: Strike looking, Ball, Miller grounded out to shortstop.
End of Inning (0 Runs, 1 Hit, 0 Errors)

ZG gives up a homer to Mike Zunino...

3 IP, 3 H, 1 ER, 0 BB, 1 K

B4, up 2-1

Gives up a full count, lead off walk to Robinson Cano...

ZG gets them to ground into a double play...

full count to Trumbo...K!

B5, Dbacks up 3-1...

ZG: 1-0, 2-0, foul 2-1, 3-1, foul 3-2, WALK

ZG: 0-1 looking, Ground into a dbl play...2 away

ZG: 1-0, 1-1 looking, 2-1, 3-1, Single to CF, grounder back up the middle...

ZG: 1-0, 2-0, 3-0,...WALK

ZG: meeting at the mound...1-0, popped up to end the inning...

B5, Dbacks up 3-1...

ZG: 1-0, 2-0, foul 2-1, 3-1, foul 3-2, WALK

ZG: 0-1 looking, Ground into a dbl play...2 away

ZG: 1-0, 1-1 looking, 2-1, 3-1, Single to CF, grounder back up the middle...

ZG: 1-0, 2-0, 3-0,...WALK

ZG: meeting at the mound...1-0, popped up to end the inning...

He appears to be having to battle a little more tonight.

B6, Dbacks up 6-1...

PCt. 78

ZG: Gives up a lead off homer to Nelson Cruz

ZG: foul 0-1, 0-2 swinging, GOT HIM! (Cano) K!

ZG: 0-1 looking, 1-1, 1-2 looking, grounder to CF, single...

ZG: Line out to 2B, 2 away

ZG: 1-0, foul 1-1, RBI Double, 6-3 Dbacks...meeting at the mound, 90 pitches...

ZG: (Zunino) 0-1 swinging, foul 0-2, 1-2, GOOOOOT HIMMMMMM! K!

He's probably done...

6 IP, 7 H, 3 ER, 3 BB, 4 SO...gave up 2 solo homers...didn't get to watch, but listening to the game the announcers said he didn't have his best stuff, maybe pressing a bit too, still...pretty impressive imho.

Last edited:
Great job. Struggled a little bit with his command. Lots of movement on his fastball so he threw more balls than last game. Also caused him to start catching too much of the plate and got hurt. Hung in and worked his way out many times. Induced a lot of ground balls. Composure of a 10 year veteran.

Tough crowd here. Anyone who can finish 6 innings of a MLB game and get a win did a great job. Glad to see Godley doing so well so quickly.

Tough crowd here. Anyone who can finish 6 innings of a MLB game and get a win did a great job. Glad to see Godley doing so well so quickly.

Everyone seems to think he did well. He just had to work harder last night.

A sign of a good pitcher (competitor) is being successful when you don't have your best stuff. Couple that with the fact, the Mariners had tape on Godley, it appears as if last night's performance was more impressive than the first start.

A sign of a good pitcher (competitor) is being successful when you don't have your best stuff. Couple that with the fact, the Mariners had tape on Godley, it appears as if last night's performance was more impressive than the first start.

I agree. Add in that it was on the road for the 1st time, and it is even more impressive.

I don't follow the Dbacks close enough but I was told he was called up for a spot start or 2 for an injured starter.

Anybody know if that was the case??

He may be doing enough to stick even if that was the reason for the call up

Bruin, not sure what the reason was but didn't he start the season in single A ball. Pretty quick rise if that was the case.

Bruin, not sure what the reason was but didn't he start the season in single A ball. Pretty quick rise if that was the case.

Correct I believe

I thought he was just the lucky one that was on proper rest thus the emergency call up start. If so what a story that would be if he never let it go and stuck. Hell of a start for sure

Correct I believe

I thought he was just the lucky one that was on proper rest thus the emergency call up start. If so what a story that would be if he never let it go and stuck. Hell of a start for sure

That's looking pretty likely IMO

He made 12 starts in single A, and 3 starts in AA this year prior to being called up

He made 12 starts in single A, and 3 starts in AA this year prior to being called up

Judging from that he was only planned to be up for very short time. Remarkable what he has done

Won't surprise me if he is sent down anyway though.

VN Store

Back