2015 College World Series

UT Hill Man

I ♥ Big Jugs
Who's going to win? Florida has looked unbeatable the last month, so they are my favorite. Vandy got an easier path into the first winners bracket when Fullerton knocked out #3 Louisville, and they have the pitching depth needed. LSU is damn good. Arkansas has impressed me too. I guess I'm just an SEC homer and think the crown stays in our league.

Reactions: 1 person
I think it will be UF/LSU in the finals, but Vandy being there wouldn't shock me.

Florida vs LSU seems likely but CS Fullerton has been sneaky. They had a losing record midway in the season and now they're beating top 5 teams like Louisville. Should be interesting.

Florida vs Vandy in the chippiest(is that a word??) series in the history of baseball!

Florida wins

It potentially could be a lot like the women's college world series was for Florida.

They may play the whole tournament only against teams they played during the season.

California, UCLA, Michigan, and Ohio State are the only schools to have won football, men's basketball and baseball national titles

Florida has been the one SEC team that Vandy has not been able to master. But I think the one team that could beat them is Miami, and they face them in Game 1.

Gotta pick Florida in the finals, but right now Vandy looks like they have answered their bullpen and closer issues.

Florida has been the one SEC team that Vandy has not been able to master. But I think the one team that could beat them is Miami, and they face them in Game 1.

Gotta pick Florida in the finals, but right now Vandy looks like they have answered their bullpen and closer issues.

Miami's going to have to find their offense that's been lacking in the postseason, save the Columbia game, and find a way to slow down UF's offense which no ones done in a month. They're averaging 11 RPG in the tournament and 9 if you factor in the SEC tourney. Based on everyone's play at this point UF has to be the favorite. Plus they've taken 2-3 from UM already and have faced them every regular season and multiple times in the tournament over the last few years. Those programs know each other intimately at this point.

Last edited:
College World Series field full of SEC and ACC teams

Interesting history note:

National seeds: Once again, and not surprisingly, the College World Series will not feature all eight national seeds. In fact, only four of them advanced to the CWS.

No. 2 LSU, No. 4 Florida, No. 5 Miami and No. 7 TCU are still alive and in the title chase. That means Vanderbilt, Virginia, Arkansas and Cal State Fullerton all advanced to Omaha as non-national seeds. And if history holds true, look for one of them to win the title, because in the past 11 College World Series, a non-national seed has won nine of them. Only 2009 LSU and 2011 South Carolina are the exceptions.

Miami's going to have to find their offense that's been lacking in the postseason, save the Columbia game, and find a way to slow down UF's offense which no ones done in a month. They're averaging 11 RPG in the tournament and 9 if you factor in the SEC tourney. Based on everyone's play at this point UF has to be the favorite. Plus they've taken 2-3 from UM already and have faced them every regular season and multiple times in the tournament over the last few years. Those programs know each other intimately at this point.

UF's recent dominance over UM is even greater than I thought. UF has won 20 of the last 24 in the series. Good luck Canes.

Format is bs. Way too spead out over the week.

Zero reason a team should be able to get away with bringing in their closer in game 1 in the 7th inning but with all the days off its smart.

Tourneys should test the bullpens and this one doesn't

Format is bs. Way too spead out over the week.

Zero reason a team should be able to get away with bringing in their closer in game 1 in the 7th inning but with all the days off its smart.

Tourneys should test the bullpens and this one doesn't

Agree. Coming out of the loser's bracket ain't what it used to be.

Wow that double play was started with the 3rd baseman in the 6hole with the tying run at the plate

Better to be lucky than smart. Should have been guarding the line from a double

VN Store

Back