Huge news!

Kendall Rogers @KendallRogersD1 · 12m 12 minutes ago
Kendall Rogers retweeted Tennessee Baseball
Greg Bergeron is out at #Tennessee. That is not the only change coming in the #SEC today.

Kendall Rogers @KendallRogersD1 · 12m 12 minutes ago
Kendall Rogers retweeted Tennessee Baseball
Greg Bergeron is out at #Tennessee. That is not the only change coming in the #SEC today.

Any thoughts on other SEC coaches getting let go?

This kind of surprises me. I wonder if this is administration's "request" such as it was for Mosiello?

So who do we go after? I would love Ash Lawson but I think Serrano goes after someone he already knows

So who do we go after? I would love Ash Lawson but I think Serrano goes after someone he already knows

Give Serrano two year extension, bring in Chris Burke as associate HC in charge of hitting and defense. Serrano gets another chance at rebuilding the program, CB gets groomed for a HC job down the road and it's a win win for everyone.

Reactions: 11 people
I think it is Mizzou also. Holbrook lost his ace mid-season and worked under his AD when the AD was coaching. He will get more time.

Give Serrano two year extension, bring in Chris Burke as associate HC in charge of hitting and defense. Serrano gets another chance at rebuilding the program, CB gets groomed for a HC job down the road and it's a win win for everyone.

Dump cds too...let Burke build it

I like Chris Burke but why are so many "Drive-By" fans up his rear?

I don't believe he's ever held a paid coaching position.
Certainly never been a head coach
Never even been a senior assistant coach

Yet because, he knows where Humanities Plaza is, he would be a good coach.

Reminds me of the mentally challenged people who call Basilio on a daily basis. (if that's not offensive to the mentally challenged to say)

Ironically (now that I think about it) I doubt most of the people who call that show know where the Humanities Plaza is located.

Reactions: 5 people

Reminds me of the mentally challenged people who call Basilio on a daily basis. (if that's not offensive to the mentally challenged to say)

Ironically (now that I think about it) I doubt most of the people who call that show know where the Humanities Plaza is located.

It is ridiculous. However, if he was truly interested in coaching, then OldTimer's suggestion to bring him on as an assistant for a few years is reasonable. Those who want him as a head coach immediately aren't going to get that wish granted.

Reactions: 1 person
I heard Rusty Ensor make the suggestion that CDS should hire a coach who is currently a MLB Scout. He brought up what O'Sullivan did when he got the job at UF.

Under the circumstances, no contract extension...this makes a lot of sense. The college coaches, assistants, this would be a hard sell, especially for those that have families.

For a scout, if it doesn't work out, he'll have no problem getting back in scouting.

That said...Ben Taylor is a Scout for the KC Royals. He's also the Associate HC at Chandler Gilbert CC and the HC of the Matsu Miners in the Alaska Baseball League. I've watched him for three years coaching our players in the summer. They love him. He's high energy.

I don't know if he's a candidate, and I don't know if he would consider it because he's got a good thing going on...year around baseball in Arizona, with summers in Alaska. I don't know any other scout options, I'm sure there are a lot, I just don't have any names.

Reactions: 1 person

AGREE! Chris Burke is an excellent former player & does a good job on the SEC Network as a commentator on baseball games. How does this qualify him as a head coach for UT-K?

VN Store

Back