Walter State Baseball

TechnoVol

If I were CDS, I would try and get a couple of players from Walters State each year. They always seem to have some really good players and must be well-coached since they seem to play in the junior college world series regularly.

Reactions: 2 people
Played there in '09. Shagging during BP was always a show. They bring in studs every year that can mash, so it wouldn't be out of the question to see ~30-40 bombs just in pre-game. It happened so regularly that we had 4 pitchers set up down the lines just to get all the home runs and get them back into the rotation.

We had Wes Walker sign with TN after his two years at Walters. Also, Chad Bell signed with them in '09, but got drafted by the Rangers in the 12th round if I remember correctly. They have guys signing with SEC teams every year, we just don't get them enough.

I'm obviously extremely proud of my former team and these players. They do a great job representing Tennessee across the entire country. Hopefully they can finish the year with a dog pile in Grand Junction!

Reactions: 1 person
I know, I just don't understand why we don't have a pipeline of players each year from there.

Reactions: 1 person
WSCC is a top 25 nearly every year per Perfect Game's ratings. So you know they will have 3-5 quality players available every year. Generally you can pick up another one or two from the other state jucos. So, I do not understand why they do not have 3-5 guys from state or regional jucos on the roster at all times. They are the perfect plug and play types with those coming from WSCC's program ready to go. You don't build a roster with them, but you plug holes and add offense with them.

I sincerely hope CDS has not changed his system/coaches a year too late. He needs to get it together. Would rather he succeed that have to hire another one.

at one point this year they won 27 straight, including going undefeated in March. They will be playing tonight in the JUCOWS at 09:30 EST
stats here:
Alpine Bank JUCO World Series
bracket here:
JUCOBracket2015.pdf

Last edited:
seems like every other player on NW Florida either is going to LSU or used to play for LSU..might be a long night for WS..2--1 in bottom of 1st

Bad news after doing some research.

3 commits from Walters and none are vols.

FSU
South Carolina
Tenn tech

That's an unusual bracket. Four teams left in the tournament and the winner's bracket winner is playing one of the teams in the losers' bracket while the other two teams in the losers' bracket are playing. Then, if there are 3 teams left after that point, "the team that has played the most games gets a bye to the ultimate championship game.

Cant tell from brackets but it appears as if Walters and NW Florida both win, there would be a one game championship game even though NWF has not lost a game yet? Is this right?

Not all good JC kids can get in an SEC school. Some are non-qualifiers and don't have their 2 yr degree. they are just playing ball for two more yrs and hope to get drafted or signed as free agent. those good enough to sign with FSU and so Carolina should have got attention from UT and maybe they did.

Walters plays on a small field so you gotta be alittle weary of the HR stats but I saw a pitcher from there pitching for bama last week.

VN Store

Back