Interesting

Volsfaninva917

Record of UT Baseball Head Coaches after 4 years

Dave Serrano 101-110
Todd Raleigh 108-113
Rod Delmonico 149-90

And the SEC is kind of in a "down year" this season.

"down year"? no.

Raleigh's last year they opened the season with literally cupcakes and glorified HS teams to pad the schedule. Also, look at the talent they had when they took over. Todd, had alot. Dave, had 2 players. Maddux and Godley

Reactions: 1 person
"down year"? no.

Raleigh's last year they opened the season with literally cupcakes and glorified HS teams to pad the schedule. Also, look at the talent they had when they took over. Todd, had alot. Dave, had 2 players. Maddux and Godley

Ok that takes care of year one, so year 4 is completed and the on field results are still the same so what is the excuse for that? I mean he's had 4 years to bring in his players and get this thing going in the right direction and he has failed. So the next question is how is he going to be able to recruit in the final year of his contract, coming off a losing season and losing his JR's to the MLB draft? So the final question is dont you think the program is only being set back more by delaying the inevitable.

Here at the SEC Tournament all week. Doesn't take long to see that Tennessee talent level & depth are well behind other teams. So before crucifying the coach take a look. :whistling:

Ok that takes care of year one, so year 4 is completed and the on field results are still the same so what is the excuse for that? I mean he's had 4 years to bring in his players and get this thing going in the right direction and he has failed. So the next question is how is he going to be able to recruit in the final year of his contract, coming off a losing season and losing his JR's to the MLB draft? So the final question is dont you think the program is only being set back more by delaying the inevitable.

The hay is in the barn for next year (currently ranked #10 by PG) and the next (#19), if he wins enough to stay. Of course, we won't know what we have until after the draft, which is the case every year, for every team, and every coach in college baseball.

The hay is in the barn for next year (currently ranked #10 by PG) and the next (#19), if he wins enough to stay. Of course, we won't know what we have until after the draft, which is the case every year, for every team, and every coach in college baseball.

That shouldn't be too much longer. I think the MLB Draft is only a few weeks away, isn't it?

I thought it was around then. Who are the guys we're watching for?

Chris Betts...I put him at 99% gone to the MLB in the 1st round.

Ke'Bryan Hays, Garrett Davilia and Trey Cabbage are others that will have to make decisions coming out of high school.

Then you have Stewart who is likely to go. Many think AJ will go. I'm not as sure. Because of who is going this year at the SS position, AJ might be the best returning SS in the SEC next year. Certainly he could go though. Andy Cox is another, I think even likely could go. Then you have to look at Houser and wonder even if it's little money, after what happened, if he doesn't move on. Owenby, he could also go...

It's going to be very interesting to see how this all plays out.

"down year"? no.

What about conference play?
Todd Raleigh’s SEC record in four seasons as Tennessee’s baseball coach: 42-78 (35%). Dave Serrano’s SEC record at UT: 33-73 (31.1%).

Ke'Bryan Hays, Garrett Davilia and Trey Cabbage are others that will have to make decisions coming out of high school.

Then you have Stewart who is likely to go. Many think AJ will go. I'm not as sure. Because of who is going this year at the SS position, AJ might be the best returning SS in the SEC next year. Certainly he could go though. Andy Cox is another, I think even likely could go. Then you have to look at Houser and wonder even if it's little money, after what happened, if he doesn't move on. Owenby, he could also go...

Andrew Lee is another candidate.

BTW, OP is a little late to the show. hens started the same thread a month ago, two threads below this.

Delmonico got himself fired for reasons besides W's and L's.

Yes...I knew I was missing someone...thanks...

Another one that could go is Steven Kane. He has been drafted once already. Idk that he would, but I believe he went in the 28th round in 2013.

Obvious MLB doesn't support Baseball like other sports, having to spend time before draft. How do you plan team of good players. You don't. :loco:

Whose fault is that?

So WHAT is your point, exactly? Managing the baseball scholarship situation is difficult, & often recruiting is a gamble. CDS is doing a good job IMO. That said, year 5 should be a determining factor. Until then, I support him & the team. Rant on. :whistling:

So WHAT is your point, exactly? Managing the baseball scholarship situation is difficult, & often recruiting is a gamble. CDS is doing a good job IMO. That said, year 5 should be a determining factor. Until then, I support him & the team. Rant on. :whistling:

This. Based on what is being said in other posts about the draft, it is a toss-up whether you get to keep some of the guys you recruit because they could leave for the draft.

Here is a question maybe someone could answer that would put my comment in a little more perspective...if CDS were able to sign all of the players he recruited over the last four seasons that actually did not make it to UT due to being drafted and signed in MLB (and I don't know how many that is, honestly), how could this have affected the outcome of this season?

VN Store

Back