SEC Tourney - Roll Call

vol66

GBO!!!
Staff member
Tennessee Baseball @Vol_Baseball · 42m 42 minutes ago
#SECTourney: @Vol_Baseball takes the #12 seed & plays #5 @RazorbackBSB in the late game on Tuesday on @SECNetwork!

Who is gonna make it?

I'll probably be there...and you shouldn't have a problem walking up getting a ticket...the MET can hold 16,000

Reactions: 2 people
I'll probably be there...and you shouldn't have a problem walking up getting a ticket...the MET can hold 16,000

Fantastic!

Maybe we should...or maybe we should not:p have a Volnation meet and greet...discuss.

Had our room & tickets for a month! Congrats to the VOLS for making it to Hoover. Now just go play hard. VOL fans will be there to cheer you on.

Reactions: 1 person
Had our room & tickets for a month! Congrats to the VOLS for making it to Hoover. Now just go play hard. VOL fans will be there to cheer you on.

You bleed orange. A month ago I was saying we were dead in the water.

Any problem just walking up and getting a ticket?

Absolutely not. We showed up at the semi's and finals last year and bought tickets at the office.

I've been 3-4x and have never had tickets in advance. Only year I bought the whole week on the first day was 2005 when we had a good shot to win it all.

Reactions: 1 person
You bleed orange. A month ago I was saying we were dead in the water.

Been going to SEC Tournament since 2003. Best bargain in sports (if you love baseball). Fun interacting with other fan bases (except for vandie). Extra nice that our VOLS will be there this time! :rock:

I know last year they didn't have any UT Baseball/Hoover shirts available the first few days due to us not getting in until the last day, just like this year. So if you wanted a UT shirt from the SEC tourney you better had stayed past Wednesday. I'm sure they have the printer working on them now and hopefully get there by Tuesday.......

Where does everyone stay? Any hotel recommendations?

Where does everyone stay? Any hotel recommendations?

your best bet is Hotels.com and type in Hoover. Not a lot available near the Met. John Hawkins Pkwy is the main drag with a lot of Hotels, most teams stay in this area. These hotels are full at the moment.

I did find one Hawkins Pkwy however it was $192.00 a night. They did have two room left as of late last night, Hyatt Place. Most of the other hotels on the road are Holiday Inn Express ($100 +/-) and similar chains, all decently nice.........much cheaper if you can find one. Always check often as Georgia fans are still canceling reservations.

You also can find anything 15 minutes away, a lot of options via hotel.com. A lot cheaper too!

Last edited:
your best bet is Hotels.com and type in Hoover. Not a lot available near the Met. John Hawkins Pkwy is the main drag with a lot of Hotels, most teams stay in this area. These hotels are full at the moment.

I did find one Hawkins Pkwy however it was $192.00 a night. They did have two room left as of late last night, Hyatt Place. Most of the other hotels on the road are Holiday Inn Express ($100 +/-) and similar chains, all decently nice.........much cheaper if you can find one. Always check often as Georgia fans are still canceling reservations.

You also can find anything 15 minutes away, a lot of options via hotel.com. A lot cheaper too!

Hey thanks for the detailed response OldTimer. I'm still trying to work out my schedule but that helps.

Freak look on hwy 280 or in pelham... Tons of hotels and within20 min drive tithe stadium and a heck of a lot cheaper... If all else fails you can stay with me lol

Guys I moved to Alabaster (not by choice a year ago) and just South of Hoover is Pelham and then Alabaster..... I-65 brings you to either but just to the West of it is Highway 31 (i've learned it was at one time to main road going South from Birmingham)

If it were me I would get on Highway 31 and head toward Pelham and search for a room, I would only guess the rooms might be a little cheaper. Hoover seems to be Proud of their offerings, and Pelham would only be a 10-15 minute drive. Exit #246 off of I-65 offers about 6-7 hotels and if you come off that exit and turn right, drive roughly one mile you will be on Highway 31 which there if you turn Left it will lead you into downtown Hoover and if you turn Right it will lead you into Pelham and Alabaster.

By the way Alabama sux!! WOOHOO

Go Vols!

Any problem just walking up and getting a ticket?

Not at all, especially if Ala and AU aren't playing in the game. I live 10 mins from Hoover and will absolutely be there Tues night. There is a BWW close and also Baumhowers is a good before game place to eat and drink. Think my GF and I will one of the 2. But you will easily be able to walk up and get tickets to UT/Ark.

Guys I moved to Alabaster (not by choice a year ago) and just South of Hoover is Pelham and then Alabaster..... I-65 brings you to either but just to the West of it is Highway 31 (i've learned it was at one time to main road going South from Birmingham)

If it were me I would get on Highway 31 and head toward Pelham and search for a room, I would only guess the rooms might be a little cheaper. Hoover seems to be Proud of their offerings, and Pelham would only be a 10-15 minute drive. Exit #246 off of I-65 offers about 6-7 hotels and if you come off that exit and turn right, drive roughly one mile you will be on Highway 31 which there if you turn Left it will lead you into downtown Hoover and if you turn Right it will lead you into Pelham and Alabaster.

Go Vols!

You aren't far from me. I'm in Helena. And you're right Hoover majorly overcharges for rooms. You can get a much cheaper room at LaQuinta off of Valleydale and many choices off Oak MMountain/ Hwy 119 Exit and be at the Hoover Met in 10-15 mins.

You aren't far from me. I'm in Helena. And you're right Hoover majorly overcharges for rooms. You can get a much cheaper room at LaQuinta off of Valleydale and many choices off Oak MMountain/ Hwy 119 Exit and be at the Hoover Met in 10-15 mins.

Thank God, at least their are TWO sensible people down here!!

Go Vols!:pepper:

Absolutely not. We showed up at the semi's and finals last year and bought tickets at the office.

I've been 3-4x and have never had tickets in advance. Only year I bought the whole week on the first day was 2005 when we had a good shot to win it all.

Not at all, especially if Ala and AU aren't playing in the game. I live 10 mins from Hoover and will absolutely be there Tues night. There is a BWW close and also Baumhowers is a good before game place to eat and drink. Think my GF and I will one of the 2. But you will easily be able to walk up and get tickets to UT/Ark.

Thanks fellas! Looking forward to it! GBO!!!

Freak look on hwy 280 or in pelham... Tons of hotels and within20 min drive tithe stadium and a heck of a lot cheaper... If all else fails you can stay with me lol

Thanks vol4life. :)

It looks like I'm going to have a schedule conflict. Still trying to work something out though. I'd really like to make it down.

My condolences.

Haha. I spend a week or 2 down there every month now for work. I genuinely enjoy the state itself and a majority of the people. The trailer trash Bammer's are just that. I work overwhelmingly with Auburn grads and since we have a common enemy things are pretty smooth.

Go Vols!

I LIVE IN ALABASTER.... What part of the city do you live in??? Have you ever seen an tan f250 with a bright orange T on the front?

VN Store

Back