UNC Asheville Scout

vol66

GBO!!!
Staff member
Hard to believe this is the last midweek game of the season. UNC Asheville has had a rough go of it. They are currently in next to last place in the Big South Conference with a 5-16 record, 21-30 overall.

Hunter Bryant (.347) has 12 of the teams 32 home runs, but they are paced by Tommy Houmard (.370). In 200 at bats he's struck out only 29 times and he leads the team in hits and OB%.

However, as a team they are batting .256...and those are the highlights.

The pitcher for UNCA is TBA. Whoever it may be, the chances are very good he will have an ERA of 5.00+, because they only have two guys under that mark.

For comparison sake I'll use our numbers, it's not like we're leading our conference in a bunch of pitching categories...

UT K/BB : 354 K/164 BB
UNCA.... : 273 K/ 236 BB

UT WP: 41
UNCA : 71

UT HBP: 29
UNCA. : 60

UT ERA: 4.16
UNCA..: 6.37

UT R/ER: 223 R/180 ER
UNCA....: 382 R/315 ER

Opp. B/Avg

UT: .249
UNCA: .314

Statistically, this is the worst pitching staff we've faced this year.

It doesn't get much better defensively, if the R/ER didn't already tip you off.

Their Fld.% is .957 and they've committed 87 errors. Again, just for reference we're .966 with 56 errors.

So...that's pretty much it, they aren't very good. The game isn't important. Probably see a staff day from both sides.

Like last week, Kyle Serrano gets the start for us. I don't have an update on Marks or Westphal.

I hope we steam roll these guys.

GBO!!!

Hard to believe this is the last midweek game of the season.........I hope we steam roll these guys. GBO!!!

Time flies once the season starts, need serious momentum going into Thursday........

Beat_The_Odds_15047879.jpg

“Many times we are our worst enemy. If we could learn to conquer ourselves, then we will have a much easier time overcoming the obstacles that are in front of us.”
― S. Labossiere

Last edited:
Just listened to the interview CDS did today on 990...not definite yet, hoping for good news, but signs point to TJ surgery for Westphal...Marks...still no decision.

Westphal's twitter says he's praying for good news in his MRI.......either had it today or getting it soon.

Jacob Westphal @J_Cubbb · 4h 4 hours ago
I may not know the reason this is happening to me, but everything happens for a reason and Im going to come back stronger #Toast2Tommy 🙏⚾️

Looks like bad news...hate it for the kid, been one of the bright spots on a team lacking bright spots.

VN Store

Back