Need new unis....

armchair

The team's uniforms are ugly, IMO. Too busy--not a good color scheme--and horizontal lines seldom work. They are as bad as the women's soccer jerseys, which also feature hideous horizontal lines. Something simpler, featuring just a power T might be a better look. Nice to win a series, good work.

Reminds me of the old Houston Astros jerseys but most of you guys are too young to remember them.

The team's uniforms are ugly, IMO. Too busy--not a good color scheme--and horizontal lines seldom work. They are as bad as the women's soccer jerseys, which also feature hideous horizontal lines. Something simpler, featuring just a power T might be a better look. Nice to win a series, good work.

New uniforms are coming. We will be on board with NIKE in June.:rock:

Reminds me of the old Houston Astros jerseys but most of you guys are too young to remember them.

I remember them. They were ugly thirty years ago and they're still ugly--even on the Vols. However, given a choice between the Astro-type unis and the Vandy black pin stripes (man! those have got to be the ugliest unis in modern history.), I'll take the butt ugly Vol unis.

Reactions: 1 person
I love when someone who knows ZIP about college or UT baseball makes an asinine post.

(1) They don't wear them every game. They wear them about 1 game every 2 weeks (Sunday home games)
(2) They wear them because they're fun. They know they're not fashionable.
(3) Several teams wear variations based on their school colors
(4) and NO! I will not get off your lawn you old coot.

New uniforms are coming. We will be on board with NIKE in June.:rock:

Thank goodness! those things are hideous! The orange does not even match throughout the uniform. It's embarrassing. I've seen middle school teams with better uniforms!

I love when someone who knows ZIP about college or UT baseball makes an asinine post.

(1) They don't wear them every game. They wear them about 1 game every 2 weeks (Sunday home games)
(2) They wear them because they're fun. They know they're not fashionable.
(3) Several teams wear variations based on their school colors
(4) and NO! I will not get off your lawn you old coot.

The jerseys and pants are fine. It's the stirrups and hats which are a completely different color pallet that make them look bad. If they could get it all to match they'd be great.

I don't care what they wear if they can take 2 out of 3 games every weekend the rest of the year.

The jerseys and pants are fine. It's the stirrups and hats which are a completely different color pallet that make them look bad. If they could get it all to match they'd be great.

Would rather they not have the stirrups just full socks with the same stripes -- I thought the hats looked fine (no black on them)

With the transformations of the "Tennessee Orange" over the years, I'm as confused as those uniforms.

At least the caps were spot on......I think.

as been state on several other threads on several other boards.

Our shade of orange looks different on whatever material it's used on. ESPECIALLY ON TV

Some sports more than others.

The most glaring is our basketball unis in what are usually poor lighting conditions in arenas. In person, our basketball jerseys look completely different than they do on TV.

Shiny or slick polyester or nylon makes the Tennessee orange vary greatly from cotton.

In person, I don't see the contrast, or as great a contrast on TV.

As per the old school stirrups and socks and short pants- I like the look. Our team is far more "uniform" in appearance than any other team that comes in. Some with the now popular long pants onto shoes. Some with short pants.

VN Store

Back