WCU Scout

vol66

GBO!!!
Staff member
The Catamounts are sitting at #2 in the SoCon. Todd Raleigh's former team is loaded with good hitters and they average 7.2 runs per game. The problem is they allow 7.3.

In the field, they've had their problems...like us, in fact the numbers are very similar. They have 42 E's to our 45, 34 unearned runs allowed to our 36, a fld.% of .958 to our .956.

Couple that with a team ERA of 6.33 and you can see why they are 14-14.

RS So. LHP Dillon Bray has pitched just 6.1 innings, this will be his second start on the season, his ERA is 18.47.

I think this will probably be a high scoring affair and we're likely to see quite a few pitchers for both teams...well....if the weather holds off.

Zach Warren (3.38 ERA) gets the nod on the bump for the Vols. This will be his fourth start on the season and opposing teams are batting .167 versus Warren. That .167 is third best on the squad behind only Marks (.161) and Lee (.163).

The Catamounts' RPI is 157 and UT is 5-2 versus teams with an RPI 150-200. Tennessee's RPI is at 52 and WCU is 3-3 versus teams with RPI's 50-100, they are 0-3 against teams with a top 50 RPI.

Through the same number of games WCU has allowed 155 walks, 98 for UT...That's a big number for the Catamounts, averaging 5.5 walks per game. If they gift us that much, we should be able to take advantage.

Anything can happen in the mid week, but I like the Vols chances in this one.

GBO!!!

The Catamounts are sitting at #2 in the SoCon. Todd Raleigh's former team is loaded with good hitters and they average 7.2 runs per game. The problem is they allow 7.3.

In the field, they've had their problems...like us, in fact the numbers are very similar. They have 42 E's to our 45, 34 unearned runs allowed to our 36, a fld.% of .958 to our .956.

Couple that with a team ERA of 6.33 and you can see why they are 14-14.

RS So. LHP Dillon Bray has pitched just 6.1 innings, this will be his second start on the season, his ERA is 18.47.

I think this will probably be a high scoring affair and we're likely to see quite a few pitchers for both teams...well....if the weather holds off.

Zach Warren (3.38 ERA) gets the nod on the bump for the Vols. This will be his fourth start on the season and opposing teams are batting .167 versus Warren. That .167 is third best on the squad behind only Marks (.161) and Lee (.163).

The Catamounts' RPI is 157 and UT is 5-2 versus teams with an RPI 150-200. Tennessee's RPI is at 52 and WCU is 3-3 versus teams with RPI's 50-100, they are 0-3 against teams with a top 50 RPI.

Through the same number of games WCU has allowed 155 walks, 98 for UT...That's a big number for the Catamounts, averaging 5.5 walks per game. If they gift us that much, we should be able to take advantage.

Anything can happen in the mid week, but I like the Vols chances in this one.

GBO!!!
And just like that, the game is cancelled lol. Thanks for the scout 66!

yep...may be a blessing...Mizzou didn't schedule a mid week game, so both teams will have a full compliment of arms.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back