Vols Win, Takes Series in Ole Miss Finale

VN News

The Tennessee Volunteers claimed their first series win of the season in SEC play, battling to take a 4-2 victory in the series finale against Ole Miss on Sunday at Oxford-University Stadium.

More...

Discuss.

Reactions: 4 people
Missouri won today in Gainesville to take the series.

They are officially not a fluke now as they are second in the division behind Vanderbilt who swept Georgia (like we should have done)

EAST
Vanderbilt 10-2
Mizzou 8-4
Florida 6-6
South Carolina 6-6
Georgia 5-7
Kentucky 4-7 (they could only play 2 games against Texas A&M)
Tennessee 4-8

WEST
Texas A&M 9-2
LSU 8-4
Ole Miss 5-7
Miss State 5-7
Arkansas 5-7
Auburn 4-8
Alabama 4-8

Overall
1 Vanderbilt
2 Texas A&M 0.5
3 Missouri 2.0
LSU 2.0
5 Florida 4.0
So. Carolina 4.0
7 Georgia 5.0
Ole Miss 5.0
Miss St 5.0
Arkansas 5.0
11 Kentucky 5.5
12 Tennessee 6.0
Auburn 6.0
Alabama 6.0

Next Weekend:
Missouri at Tennessee
Auburn at LSU
Georgia at Alabama
Kentucky at Arkansas
Mississippi State at Texas A&M
Ole Miss at Vanderbilt
South Carolina at Florida (big series, 1 of these teams will be in bad shape after the series-especially if swept)

So- 12 spots in the tourney and there are 3 teams at 4-8 and 1 at 4-7 because the SEC does not apparently allow Thurs-Saturday series to extend to Sunday.

It looks like Vanderbilt is running away with the title, but there schedule has been about as soft as possible as they've played no one who currently has a record at .500 or above. They also have no 2 weekend road series in a row the rest of the way. There are no "easy" schedules in the SEC but VU seemed to got the most favorable possible. No LSU, no Texas A&M

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Well finally my optimism shows some fruit.

It's great the Vols got a needed SEC series win when needed most, and even better it came on the road.
Ol Piss pissed away this series to win this win after a first rate win. Suck on that you damn rebels, and eat the dust.

I remain cautiously optimistic as it's still a long season, and it's not uncommon to have that fools gold oh we are on smooth waters then revert back to playing mire or dirt ball.

can you say how you know this? thats the 1st sec series we have won, correct? this is 3 or 4 year right? seems not to be where I thought he could take the program

You don't have a clue.:lolabove:

You don't have a clue.:lolabove:

well I may not, thats why I ask, but it is the 1st series we've won. but I aint bashing, he did a hell of a job in Cali, we've just been bottom feeders since CRD was fired. so if you have a clue, please share

love where you live, visited there while in the Navy

Last edited:
no sir, just asking, want him to succeed, it the VOLS baseball team!

Me too. I don't see how any rational AD could not give him the full 5 years of his contract, or longer.... And I think Hart is rational.

well I may not, thats why I ask, but it is the 1st series we've won. but I aint bashing, he did a hell of a job in Cali, we've just been bottom feeders since CRD was fired. so if you have a clue, please share

love where you live, visited there while in the Navy

It's completely obvious that our team has been affected by the Weather. Serrano is one of the few guys who took two different programs to Omaha.

Just like any sport, in comes down to recruiting. The 2016 and 2017 recruiting classes are the best classes in 10 seasons. Most don't understand the work that Serrano has put to build back the relationships with Tennessee high schools. The SEC is a baseball powerhouse conference. Just in recent years I know uf, uga, ole miss, miss state, lsu, south car, vandy, and arky, have made appearances in the cws.

Just like any sport, in comes down to recruiting. The 2016 and 2017 recruiting classes are the best classes in 10 seasons. Most don't understand the work that Serrano has put to build back the relationships with Tennessee high schools. The SEC is a baseball powerhouse conference. Just in recent years I know uf, uga, ole miss, miss state, lsu, south car, vandy, and arky, have made appearances in the cws.

I made a thread awhile ago that has our commits. Everyone should take a gander.

VN Store

Back